Advantages of rooting

Last Updated: 2011-02-11 14:08:27
  1. Craig12

Craig12 Well-Known Member

I've just rooted my i5801, so what should i do now?
    I've downloaded terminal emulator and Im going to try and get live wallpapers running later today...
    What other things should i do now i have rooted?

Advertisement
  2. bjlabuk

bjlabuk Well-Known Member

Have a look at Cachemate and Titanium Backup for root users. You should also have Busybox if you don't have that already.
  3. barqers

barqers Well-Known Member

I second cachemate, but instead of titanium backup I would suggest MyBackUp Root. It's a lot better imo.
  4. ffcloud2000

ffcloud2000 Member

How so?
  5. barqers

barqers Well-Known Member

If you apply a lagfix, titanium backup doesn't restore apps properly. It glitches, you have to reinstall one by one. MyBackUp pro works flawlessly. It also has the option to backup to online resources, which is great.

Also, titanium backup was really only useful for freezing applications, but since I deleted the 3D gallery and replaced it with quickpic, I haven't found any reason to have titanium backup.
  6. arnold22

arnold22 Well-Known Member

I had both of them installed and I found MyBackUp Pro to be cleaner and more straight forward.
    The freeze app option in Titanium Backup is nice in some case where you don't want to delete the app but you do not use it very often. I just found for myself that there were only two app that fell in that category and did not see a point having both installed.