Advent Vega Tablet and Marketplace help please.Support

1. tablet2011

tablet2011 Well-Known Member

I bought the Advent Vega Tablet yesterday and so far its brill apart from it does not have Market on it so does anyone know when it will get it?

I am shocked that they have bought a tablet out with no market as that is why most people go for a android cause of the market.

Also when it does come out(i take it its 2.3?) how will my tablet get it? will it just update it or what?

I know i could get market on it now by downloading things but i have looked at doing it but cant for the life of me work out how to do it as im not very good at things like that.

any advice please.

Advertisement
  2. houdini2005

houdini2005 Active Member

try here w**.filesonic.com/file/41491961/com.android.vending_2.2.6.apk choose slow download (free one) or google android vending apk
    appolgies to mods if I'm not allowed to show the above link if so delete the link.
    when you get the apk place it on sd card and use vega software update tool to install apk from card.
  3. tablet2011

I downloaded it but it would not let me open it as a message came up about some problem with uk isp and for me to buy the upgrade for filesonic.
  4. houdini2005

did you scroll down the page and choose slow download, then wait for the 30 second counter to finish, fill in the Captcha letters in the box & press submit and your download should begin. :)

try this link i just uploaded ot for you. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DRFRYI46
    tablet2011 likes this.
  5. tablet2011

Ok i have downloaded it from the link and installed it but what do i do now?

Ok i have now got the market icon on screen but when i click on it it does not do anything.
  6. houdini2005

7. tablet2011

When i 1st turned on tablet it didnt ask me for google account details but i have tried to add it in accounts and sync but it keeps coming up with a error so it wont let me add it.
  8. houdini2005

are you connected to the internet (wifi on) i know but had to ask,
    when you click the market icon what comes up (it should ask you to sign in with googlemail account or create one).
  9. tablet2011

Yes i am connected to the web wheb i press the icon and when i do it just makes the screen flick and thats it.
  10. houdini2005

you could try and install it again or try this click settings, then applications, manage applications, scroll down the list click market then click uninstall updates (ok everything that pops up) then return to the market icon (tablet window) click and see if it gives you the terms of aggrement and googlemail account which allows access to market.
  11. tablet2011

Ok did that but still no joy.

When i went into manage applications market is there so click on it and all what was there is

Uninstall,clear data,move to sd card and force stop but not uninstall updates.

I think i will take it to a pc shop and get them to do it and pay for it.
  12. houdini2005

ok try the uninstall button, it should give one of the following: total uninstall of market (then you'll need to reinstall the markey apk) or the aggreement acception screen when you click on market icon.
  13. tablet2011

Did that and all it did was uninstall it and it did nothng esle.

I give up with it now.
  14. tablet2011

Well took my Vega to the pc shop this morning and have just got it back with Market place on it and a very nice small taskbar at the top.

What esle would have been added as well?

I am now very happy as i now have a Tablet that i can do stuff with.

Many thanks for all the help.
  15. houdini2005

well done mate really pleased for you, wish i could have helped & saved your expense.
    tablet2011 likes this.
  16. tablet2011

You did what you could have done but it was me who could not work out how to do it.

With what they put on yesterday what esle should it have put on? as can only see a couple of new bits.
  17. phil8715

phil8715 Member

Have you tried going into Settings> Applications>Unknown Applications then tick the box to allow 3rd party software to run.
  18. tablet2011

Yes i always leave it ticked.