Adventure game like Nightmare's Adventures Witch's Prison

Last Updated:

1. clix wheeze

clix wheeze New Member

I'm looking for android adventure games that are not in the 'combat' genre and not really in the 'hidden object' adventure. more like Myst or Riven of the old days, where you solve puzzles in your quest. The only one i've found was Nightmare Adventures, Witch's Prison. it was great, and i'm wondering if anyone can help either with identifying other games in this genre, or even what the genre is so i could search myself. They don't have to be free apps.

beerwolf and 4lph4num3r1c like this.
  2. 4lph4num3r1c

4lph4num3r1c Well-Known Member

I'd like to know this too. After reading about this in the op, I checked out this game and am really liking it. Anyone else tried this or know of something similar?
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

The Secret of Grisly Manner is like Myst / RIVEN but it is pretty short. I thought I was just getting started and it was the end of the game. I would really like to see those games ported the Android though.
    clix wheeze likes this.
  4. clix wheeze

clix wheeze New Member

hey thanks - yap that's exactly the type of thing i'm looking for. there is a reference to the Lost City in there too.

If anyone else has other suggestions, i'm ears.

I still think the Witch's Prison is the best so far given it's length and puzzle cadence.

5. szumerspirit

szumerspirit New Member

I have been seeking this exact type of game and have found several (see below) All of these are Point and Click adventures with some Hidden Object mixed in.

I have already beaten those below so if I missed any that anyone can direct me to, I would really appreciate it. Tgis is the only type of game I am good at and I am scraping the bottom of the barrel now :)

Empress of the Deep Parts 1 & 2
    Bloody Mary
    Cryptic Caverns
    Cryptic Keep
    Secret of Grisley Manor
    The Lost City
    Twisted Lands
    Witches Prison
    The Passenger
    Mystery of the Crystal Portal
    Natalie Brooks
    Pirate Mysteries
    Emma and the Inventor
    Alabama Smith

Ive read about a few that should be coming out soon

Kaptain Brawe
    The Journey Down
    Monteville the Child
    Mystique (out for phones but should be avail for tabs soon)
    Doublefine Adventure
    The Silent Age
    beerwolf, CVL and laooo like this.
  6. RedRageGaming

RedRageGaming New Member

Im a spare time developer and have a series of point and click games called Amnesia, chapters 0,1&2. Chapter 0 is a short demo with 1 & 2 longer paid games.

As I said, Im a spare timer and only started learning Java 18months back, so dont be expecting Monkey Island (yet), but Im proud of what I've achieved.

Aside from my own plug, the Mystique series is quality!
  7. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

The point and click adventure, Broken Sword: Director's Cut is available now for Android. I couldn't resist when I saw the title. Bought it right away.
  8. faridah1304

faridah1304 New Member

Can u teach me how to download the witch prison?
  9. ktchong

ktchong Well-Known Member

iOS has Myst and Riven for over a couple years now. They have pretty good reviews and user ratings as well. Seems like Android got shafted. Again.
  10. intransit74

intransit74 Active Member

Thanks 4 the great games, RedRage! My roomie is stuck on chapter 2, though; got the "China", can't get into the bedroom. Where may we find a hint or two, dear sir?
    This is the genre I search for at every turn. Thanks to all who contributed this info!
  11. CVL

CVL Well-Known Member

Great thread! :)

Thanks for providing such a great list of games suggestions. I'll be sure to check those out I haven't gotten around to so far. :)

Enigmatis by Big Fish Game is a nice adventure/puzzle/hidden object game as well, really liked it. Another one, Million Dollar Adventure by Nevosoft Inc looks interesting too.
  12. Vanquished

Vanquished Well-Known Member

Big Fish Games has several other games that look like they fit in the same genre. I usually get kind of bored playing these games (though I did like the Monkey Island and Indiana Jones series). Search Google Play for Big Fish Games and you'll see several other titles with a similar play style such as Azada and Empress of the Deep: