Advice for dealing with VZW returnGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Wrathenn

Wrathenn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been having a variety of issues with my Dinc in the past week or so, such as the phone not turning back on without pulling the battery if I turn it off to top off the charge. Also the SD card hasn't been mounting upon reboot, and yesterday I even experienced a random reboot. I am probably going to call VZW to start the replacement process and was hoping the forum could provide some advice on what to expect.

For starters, since the phone is still under warranty, will I be dealing with VZW only for a replacement, or will I be handed off to HTC ?

Any advice, tips, etc. are appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement
  2. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten a replacement Dinc -- heck, I haven't even gotten my first one yet! But in past experience with Big Red, my replacements that were under warranty always came from them.

3. varaonaid

varaonaid Well-Known Member

You'll deal with VZW exclusively. Kind of depends on what you want...they were able to get me my first Certified Refurb within two days, same was offered to me again today. Don't know if that would have been a refurb or not. But you'll likely have a long delay if you want a new one and they're not required to give you one under the terms of the contract (states they give you a refurb).

Been going through a crazy sort of hell with my Dinc. On my second phone already and it's been deemed defective (for numerous issues!) by in store tech support. Someone was supposed to get back with me last weekend to sort it out and I've contacted them several times sense with no reply. Finally, called about a different issue today regarding my husband's upgrade to the DX and they asked if they could help with anything else. So I ran the whole situation by the tech and she asked me if I wanted a Dinc in 2 days or (as I had been talking with the previous techs) them exchanging it for the DX since I've had so many problems with it. Long story shorter, she got manager approval and I'll have a new DX here by Monday at the latest. :) So finally a sad saga got happy. :)