• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Advice Needed - Next Android

CzechCzar

Lurker
Aug 29, 2010
I am currently using a Galaxy S3 that is practically dead. I have some particular requirements for my next phone and would appreciate any advice!!

1. It should be usable with one hand. I am disabled and can't really hold the phone in one hand while I use it with the other. So, the screen should be smallish (think old iPhones).
  2. It should have an awesome camera. The biggest thing I do is take pictures and videos. I don't really care much about music or watching crisp videos, but the ability to take high quality pictures and videos is important.
  3. More a question than not... does anyone know how to get pictures and videos from my phone

What app is that?

Smart Switch Mobile, available free-of-charge from the Play Store.

As to device suggestions, look at the S5 Mini. It's compact, and the 8MP camera is more than decent. Pixel numbers alone don't guarantee quality, and the S5 Mini has a good lens and solid image processing software in addition to an excellent sensor.

If you'e prepared to look beyond Korea to Japan, the Sony Z-series compacts have excellent camera modules. Even the earliest Z1 Compact has been updated to Android 5.0.2, Android 5.1.1. will follow this summer, and the sensor is the same 20.7MP Exmor RS used in the Z2/Z3/Z3+.

Upvote 0
What matters is what fits your needs best, not what they have corporate instructions to promote.

Though I can believe that Sony + Verizon may not be easy: CDMA networks have more control than GSM ones (all I need to do is stick my SIM in a handset, no need to ask them to activate the phone), and the Z3V, which is a larger handset, is the only one I can see on their website.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones