Advice needed on dvd converter

Last Updated:

1. DroidFan72

DroidFan72 New Member This Topic's Starter

New here and new to smartphones. I just recently got a vibrant and would like to put some movies from my extensive dvd collection on my phone. What paid dvd converter would work best for my vibrant? I have a 32gb card so memory is not an issue. Just wanting to add some mobile entertainment to my travels. Also any advice on what format and screen ratios to use to get the best picture quality? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Handbrake is a great converter and is free. Videos need to be h264 baseline codec in an mp4 container with aac 2 channel audio. As far as resolution, whatever you want to use, but if you are converting from dvd, its best to keep the resolution the same as what the dvd source is.

3. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

EDIT: misread

4. LickTheEnvelope

LickTheEnvelope Well-Known Member

Agreed on Handbrake. Might want to search online for "best handbrake settings for XXXdeviceXXX conversion" or something for your model.

Takes a bit of time to convert but has worked well for me.

5. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yup another handbrake vote. Its free but you will need something like AnyDVD to break the encryption on commercial DVDs. AnyDVD is like $40 I think but they give you 3 weeks free to try it out

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter do this for free.

saps likes this.
  7. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Do they un-encrypt everything I saw some message about development being halted on decrypter 5 years ago and just wonder if it can still work on current stuff

8. sitlet

sitlet Banned

They dont unencrypt everything, but will do 90% of dvd's. I have only run into a few in the past few years that dvd shrink wont un-encrypt. But, there is another software, DVD Fab Decrypter, that will unencrypt anything.

9. Snipe315

Snipe315 Member

I've used AnyDVD for several years and it is one of the BEST applications of its type out there.

They update the application frequently to counter any new encryption methods used so it works with even the latest DVD releases.

IMHO, it is worth every penny.