• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Advice please on roms

Amylee3130

Nov 22, 2012
HI

Im wanting to kno the best rom to flash for my s4 and the best way to do it im wanting to change some things on my phone like battery icon using romtoolbox but its sayin i cant do it with my current rom....ive rooted my phone but not changed anything else apart from philz...iwould appreciate any help. oh and do i have to clear dalvik cache and everything before.....i kno its alot to ask but could you help me on flashin it too as ive not done it for a while.

thanks in advance xxxxx

Ok do you have the unknown app source in the settings. And are you using this on a custom rom . And some devices you cant use this toolbox to change the battery icons . I can tell you like i found out its a free version app called nija morph .this is located In the playstore . This thing rocks and do many changes in the framework so watch it and have a backup on hand . This nija morph apk .when changing the battery icon you need all 0-99 if you dont have all u are flat lined . But get the battery icon zip from the rom toolbox keep the zip cause now you have the icons 0-99 for the nija morph app.

Upvote 0
yes have allow unknown...is that wat u mean. i just have the normal custom rom that came with the phone. what do u mean 0-99 and u advice me doin a nandroid backup 1st? battery icon zip??? u mean download it from the toolbox. sorry im new to all this and want to make sure i dont mess my phone up x

Upvote 0
Im wanting to kno the best rom to flash for my s4 and the best way to do it im wanting to change some things on my phone like battery icon using romtoolbox but its sayin i cant do it with my current rom....ive rooted my phone but not changed anything else apart from philz...iwould appreciate any help.

i have it on orange..i think its international x

According to your post here...

im wanting to root my s4 im on

model I9505
XXUBMGA

It looks like you have the i9505, International, S4 on the stock EE, (EverythingEverywhere, formerly Orange), MGA firmware.

If you have installed ROM Toolbox Pro from the Play Store and wish to use it to change things like icons, etc: You will need to flash a supported, compatible, ROM under ROM Management in the app, first.

For more details on this, see the developers website and support forum, at...

Jrummy Apps | Providing the best tools at the most competitive prices.

Alternatively, you can follow the step-by-step guide, with pictures and videos for beginners, to flash a stock, modified, deodexed DjeMBeY ROM, see #1.2 of the http://androidforums.com/internatio.../733986-djembey-roms-i9505-dummies-guide.html and then you can install the 3Minit framework described in this thread... http://androidforums.com/international-galaxy-s4-all-things-root/741909-3-minute-framework.html, which allows all sorts of modifications to the complete look of your phone.

Reactions: Amylee3130
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones