Advice regarding multiple app crashesSupport

1. cmagb

cmagb New Member

Hi i would really appreciate some advice on where to go next with my S2. I have done a quick search but nothing similar jumped off the pages at me...

It is a UK O2 branded S2, running what i believe to be android 2.3.6 but i can't be sure.

I updated 20+ apps this afternoon having been abroad for a couple of weeks, everything appeared to be fine, then the keyboard visuals disappeared, touching the screen would give me a letter but the keyboard part of the screen was blank. This applied to all apps. I switched the phone off and on to reboot and now all i experience is the majority of apps 'stopping unexpectedly' with the force close dialogue box, they appear to be in a loop and i can't do anything else apart from hit force close. Because of this I can not get in to the phone via kies on my laptop.

I'm not really sure where to go next in sorting this so any help would be great

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. kelis32

kelis32 Well-Known Member

Hello

Are the apps on an external SD card ? if so remove the SD card and then replace it to see if that helps

If that fails boot into recovery and wipe cache partition

If none of these help you may have to uninstall and then reinstall the apps that are getting closed
    cmagb likes this.
  3. cmagb

cmagb New Member

Boot into recovery and wipe cache partition seems to have done the trick! I'm now rapidly backing up everything I thought I might have lost... Thank you so much!