Advice?

Last Updated:

1. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member This Topic's Starter

There's something bothering me, and I was wondering who to ask, so I thought about this forum and you guys.

Lately it has been weird between my girlfriend and I. We've been living together for about a year and everything was going great, until recently. She started seeing some of her older friends (which I don't like a lot and she knows it). She started being distant with her "recent" friends, and even with her parents. I think she's lying to me about something, although I can't tell for sure. She doesn't seem to look at me in the eyes as much as she used to.

The other day she went to a party (not a girls only party, some of them were going with their boyfriends) and she didn't even ask me. Well, I couldn't have made it, so asking would have been pointless but I don't think she knew about that. Almost as if she didn't want me to go. I know I said I didn't like these friends a lot, but I can get along just fine with them and one was actually my very close friend a few years ago, so I do like him. She also seems to be mad at me for something, even though I have no idea why. Everything was going great, I don't think I did something wrong.

My girlfriend and I met three years ago, started seeing each other two years ago and been living about one year together, as I previously said. I try to do my best to keep her happy. I know we don't do as many activities as we used to, but we still go out and do stuff together.

I don't know if I should be telling you this, but something REALLY messed up happened yesterday. We were sleeping in bed, as usual, when she got up and went into the living room. I don't know why I heard her, because I usually don't wake up until the morning when I fall asleep, even if you scream in my ear or put a strobe light in front of me (ok, maybe I'd wake up). I think she was talking to somebody on her cellphone, as I heard some kind of whispering. I was surprised, so I got up and wanted to see what was happening, but then I decided to do so quietly, just to see what she was doing. I heard the door (she opened and closed it quietly, she probably didn't want to wake me up), so I went downstair and hid a little, just to see if something would happen. I then proceeded to follow her into the garage. She got into her car, so I crouched besides mine. I was really nervous and I felt really stupid at the same time, but then I saw something: there was a tiny scratch on the paint of my car. So I'm asking you guys, do you think I should put some paint over it? Or leave it there? Will the scratch rust?

Advertisement
    jroc likes this.
  2. flashbox

flashbox Member

TLDR

Girls are a dime a dozen...

3. DaSchmarotzer

It was a joke, you should have read.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Cook the bacon until it's crispy. No other way to have it IMO!

5. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Ditch the girl, take care of the car!!! Your car may get pissy from time to time, but at least it isn't every month. Plus, you can't accidentally get a car knocked-up. :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

P.S. If my girlfriend ever saw this post, I very well may be permanently cut off and have my tires slashed.... ;)

Kratos

6. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

I'm appalled DaSchmarotzer!! I read your post, all into it. Thinking of what kind of advice i could share, to try to help a brother out. Read the last part like, 'well thats creepy but i probably do the same thing' And then you drop an a-bomb on me!! Have you no decency?!?!?!
    ROTFLMFAO:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

jamor and Ind1 like this.
  7. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

I completely fell for that. I should know better.

8. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

haha :p and here I thought you needed some advice man!!! :rolleyes:

9. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

When a girl is "all of a sudden" becoming distance, not telling you she's going to parties, and to top it all off, creeping on a cellphone in the middle of the night....there's something wrong. Just approach her and ask whats going on. Like someone said...girls come and go. Just make sure when and if you do decide to kick her out, you have enough money for your apartment bills.

10. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I felt like such an idiot after the last 3 sentences as I instantly realized I've been duped.

Damn you and your Quebeciness!

NightAngel79 likes this.
  11. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I was about to go all Dr Laura and start dishing out the advice......Now, I want to make that scratch MUCH bigger. :p Good lord that is worse than being Rick Rolled.

12. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Well-Known Member

HAHAHA that was hilarious man i was like "wait, what?" lol :D

13. Ind1

Ind1 Member

In my opinion, I think the admin should remove this member from the forum.

To me this is direct abuse of form members’ goodwill, and supportive ethics.

A simple joke is fine; I do not classify this as a joke –

If somebody is having a serious social dilemma and come to us for some refuge – we may not give that person the needy attention. So it’s a sad thing to happen.

Admin, if I were you, I will take this member out NOW.

14. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

The Lounge We're all friends here. Hang out, kick your feet up and talk about whatever the heck you want!

dmodert66 and NightAngel79 like this.
  15. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Well this is awkward..

NightAngel79 likes this.
  16. OfTheDamned

Alright, fair enough.

DaSchmarotzer, go post in this thread so that you can be banned.

In all seriousness, it was intended to be a joke and this part of the forum is for light hearted humor as well as non-Android discussion. It is the same as any corner bar in any city. We hang out, we talk about random topics and we try to have a good time as a community.

17. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

18. DaSchmarotzer

Well, if you were serious I really am sorry that you feel that way. The post really was intended as a joke and I think it really comes through (especially at the end!), whereas in other posts it's really obvious that the person really is asking for help from the community.

On another subject, I'm glad some of you liked it. :D

Oh, and thanks to those supporting me! :D I did post in the "Ban me" thread. :p

19. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

The best prank jokes are done well, with plenty of detail to draw the reader in.

My hat's off to you; as I read along I was compiling in my mind ways I could advise you on the various issues coming up. I was going to draw on my many years of experience, my many trials and tribulations, my many times of pain and of .. hey, you son of a *****!!

:D:D:D

20. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

21. faber78

faber78 Guest

22. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

*Double facepalm (he doesn't even get photo representation!)

What gets me is that he thanked my post; this one

Now is it NOT obvious that I too found humor in DaSchmarotzer's post? Was dude really serious, cause it seemed like he was. That or he is getting a hell of a laugh at our expense right now:D Bastages!!

btw i'm still appalled!

jamor likes this.
  23. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

OP, this was fantastic. Another forum I am on, we get "love" advice posts pretty often, and I completely fell for this. If you don't mind, I'm going to steal this and post it over there (of course I won't plagiarize it, just the idea)...Hahaha... :D Nice Job!

24. Ind1

Ind1 Member

25. OfTheDamned

Well played sir, well played. :p