AdviceSupport

Last Updated:

1. Chi86

Chi86 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys,

1st post!

I'm looking to use the 'RUU_Buzz...1.25.405.1' file to Debrand/Flash my wildfire. (T-mobile version takes ages to start-up!)

I just have a few questions...

Is this an official software from android and is it the latest? or is it a version that someone has written?

If I have this installed on my phone will I still receive new software updates?

Does my phone need to be rooted for this to work? Would you advise rooting?

Thanks for your time, sorry for all the questions!!

Advertisement
  2. scorpionatthepc

scorpionatthepc Well-Known Member

3. Chi86

Yeah I suppose it does, I just like the idea of having clean software running on my phone and not a branded one, I've done abit of reading related to the whole rooting/debranding/flashing subject and would like some straight up answers from someone who knows exactly what is what.

Thanks!!

4. scorpionatthepc

scorpionatthepc Well-Known Member

I wish someone would make a video showing CLEARLY what you have to do. Unbranded my n79 last year and that was easy enough to do.

5. Chi86

I agree,

there are plenty of videos and tutorials telling you how to do it, but not any telling you..."if you do this...then this will happen"

Needs someone to go through what will happen (e.g this will result in your phone having the latest unbranded official software) and what the consequences are (e.g this will void your warranty or not allow you to receive further updates).

Am I making sense?