ADW.Launcher and Sense

Last Updated:

1. Quboid

Quboid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running the latest ADW.Launcher on my Desire. Is it possible to enable the Sense UI widgets? That's what I'm really missing, the nice clock/weather widget, Friendstream, the next calendar event widget, text messages and the nice black Google search box.

I understand ADW can't include these for copyright reasons, but can they not be accessed when these widgets already exist on the phone?

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

nope, they are intertwined into sense. Launcher pro includes some sense like widgets though.

3. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

You can mostly find equivalents or dare I say better widget apps on marketplace. I am using Pure Messenger Widget to replace freindstream, the same dev also has a calendar widget which is equivalent. I am using 'smooth calendar' which just lists the next 3 events which is all I want.

I am using Fancy Widget for the clock but I think its been pulled off marketplace as its too similar to the HTC one. I think Beautiful Widgets was the same deal but they have now restored the app with a new load of themes.

Quboid likes this.
  4. Quboid

I'll be wiping the phone for Froyo soon (hopefully!) but for a last few days I have been using ADW.Launcher with the widgets Felix mentioned and it's brilliant, I've no doubt I'll be installing it again once I put Froyo on. A big improvement over the Sense UI home screen (while keeping the excellent Sense keyboard and dark notification bar). I'm very pleased and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys fiddling with their phone and configuring stuff.

5. Quboid

How long do you typically spend on Google? For me, it's not that long, and I get to it by the search key.