1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

ADW.Launcher or LauncherPro?

Last Updated:

1. Nessa D

Nessa D Active Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 24, 2010
    It's probably been asked a dozen times already, but here I go anyway...

Which do you prefer?

I have played around with both (ADW for about a week and LP just today) and I am leaning towards LP for now. Just wanted some others thoughts/experience.

2. Zezozose

Zezozose Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    LP+ has great widgets, but I tend to prefer ADW. Right now I'm using Zeam over both of them, though.
  3. snoprosledneck

snoprosledneck Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
  4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I prefer LauncherPro Plus. I played with Zeam yesterday for a little bit, its not bad.
  5. tempest7

tempest7 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010

I tried both ADW and Launcher Pro. Each has it's on benefits.

From my own opinion each offers something beneficial in terms of customization and control a lot of the stock UI don't have. My stock is TW launcher. I'm going to ignore the benefits that overlap that ADW launcher and Launcher Pro both provide and focus on the differences between the two. Note, having to 'Pay' is considered a CON for me, though you might argue against it.

ADW Launcher

- Good solid feel. Hasn't crashed on my phone.
    - Allows for resizing widgets (in the free version)
    - Has the Galaxy S style side scrolling app drawer (personal preference)
    - Completely skinable, just download the packs (though I got bored of this quickly)

- Felt slower than Launcher Pro (if doing a comparison) in terms of generally moving around the screens
    - The special bar setup is not intuitive to try to flick it up for more items. (personal opinion: prefer the side scrolling quick short cut bar of Launcher Pro)

Launcher Pro

- Feels slightly quicker than ADW Launcher
    - Has a nice customizable side scrolling launcher/shortcut bar
    - Allows for icon customizations on the launcher/short cut bar
    - Seems like a lot of nice extra widgets (If you pay for the Pro version)

- The application drawer only scrolls up, and the 3D drawer is both resource intensive, and visually confusing (personal opinion)
    - The app has crashed (Force Close popup) several times on my 2.1 Eclair Galaxy S. I have yet to run it through my Froyo 2.2 install. I'm happy with testing out my TW launcher interface for now.
    - To resize widgets you need the paid version (Not a Con if you throw money at it)

This is just my person opinion and experiences. If ADW launcher ran smoother, than I would actually be more inclined to go with ADW launcher than Launcher Pro. Having to scroll down for my apps and having issues with Launcher Pro crashing is keeping me from reinstalling again.

my 2 cents.
    Nessa D likes this.
  6. froydao

froydao Member

Nov 8, 2010
  7. WBMc36

WBMc36 Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    i was testing them both out yesterday, i went with LP because in the dock bar it has unread sms/mail/missed call counts. Something i couldn't find in adw or just didn't know how to enable. LP has lots of customization haven't toyed with themes or anything yet but they are almost the same besides a few small differences, just get home switcher and try them both out you will figure out which one suites you better very quickly.