• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ADW Launcher

debsto

Oct 12, 2010
Quick question. Have just upgraded to D3. Previously used ADW Launcher and it always defaulted to the middle (3rd) position of the home screens when powering on or pressing the "home" icon. On D3, it reverts to whatever screen had been used last. I've looked for a setting that would lock the 3rd position as the preferred - am I missing it?

i did that, and used the push pin but when i hit the home button, it ALWAYS shows me all screens in a preview.

I'm not sure if it's the same in ADW, but in ADW EX you go into (from home) menu->more->ADW settings->General Behavior->Gestures->Home button binding, and there are a number of different things that you can set. In ADW EX, the default is to show previews; I changed it to "Move to default desktop/show previews", which goes to the default home after one home press if you are not already there. If you are, then it opens previews.

(Ok, I just checked standard ADW, and the setting is in menu->more->ADW settings->General behavior->Home button binding.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones