• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ADW or Launcher Pro

I like adw a lot and think performance wise its a tick better than lop. However the customizations of lpp and Widgets make me unable to leave it. I have yet to find a bookmark widget that can match it.

Really LP takes the best things out of sense. Can't wait for the release if the complete overhaul fede has in the works

Upvote 0
I will second the Zeam post. Not for everyone I realize but I like it. It is like an enhanced TW. I do not use many widgets. The more shortcuts and apps on my home page and the fewer clicks to get to what I want the better. I like being able to have 7 apps in my dock available on all home screens. Also like being able to add more and have my dock scrollable. I'm running it on a Fascinate and pulling the top notification down is sometimes a reach (sounds silly/lazy I realize). With Zeam you have the ability to add a few custom swypes and have it do a few custom things. For example: I can swype down from anywhere on the home screen (dont have to reach allllllllll the way up top) and pull down the notification bar. Also, on the home screen I swype up and can see all 7 home screens on the screen at once and then just pick one. One other thing is that the apps list is alphabetized and scrolls up and down. I did not like as much scrolling page by page left & right with TW. I tried ADW and LP for a day each and settled in on Zeam. I'm sure some day I will try them each again for for the heck of it just to see.

Brian

Upvote 0
I will second the Zeam post. Not for everyone I realize but I like it. It is like an enhanced TW. I do not use many widgets. The more shortcuts and apps on my home page and the fewer clicks to get to what I want the better. I like being able to have 7 apps in my dock available on all home screens. Also like being able to add more and have my dock scrollable. I'm running it on a Fascinate and pulling the top notification down is sometimes a reach (sounds silly/lazy I realize). With Zeam you have the ability to add a few custom swypes and have it do a few custom things. For example: I can swype down from anywhere on the home screen (dont have to reach allllllllll the way up top) and pull down the notification bar. Also, on the home screen I swype up and can see all 7 home screens on the screen at once and then just pick one. One other thing is that the apps list is alphabetized and scrolls up and down. I did not like as much scrolling page by page left & right with TW. I tried ADW and LP for a day each and settled in on Zeam. I'm sure some day I will try them each again for for the heck of it just to see.

Brian

Nevermind.....just tried LP and like it a lot. I guessed I missed the preference where I could add more columns and rows of apps on the home screen. I just went from 3 home screens to 1 home screen.....thank you LP! It looks like the one thing I do miss is being able to swipe down from anywhere on the screen to see the notification bar.

Brian

Upvote 0
just downloaded launcher pro and love it. Definitely faster, it seems, when scrolling. Tried ADW but got annoyed with the tab that contains the icon for making a phone call, i could not get it to slide up into view, plus it seemed too plain for me.

play with advanced settings in launcher pro...you can adjust scrolling and opening speed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones