• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ADW or Launcher Pro

ADW but the new update has the vertical scrolling:( ( I know nitsuj17 will like that) There are also a ton of free themes with icons to mess around with and it seems to run the quickest for me.

Still using the old ver. with the horiz scrolling for now.

i actually played with new adw for like 30 mins today at work....i like it...but really until there is a decent bookmark widget on par with lpp its not for me

Upvote 0
Could you say more about "Zeam"? I've never heard of it and I'm moving toward minimalist you know :) I think it looks cool

Zeam has a small footprint, easy on the resources, and fast as a result. You cannot create custom app drawers or customize the dock as with ADW; can't hide applications. It does not offer widgets or 3D scrolling like LP+. But, it also does not offer the lag of LP+ or the occasional FC.

I like different aspects of LP+, ADW, and Zeam. I switch between the latter two mostly. One negative for ADW may be the learning curve. It takes a while to fully understand the breadth of customization options.

Upvote 0
Here is my opinion. My experience has been horrible other than the Touch Wiz which I end up using at the end. I have tried both plus DXtop and they all have horrible lag issues. Very annoying, so I resort back to stock. I will try zeam but I'm not putting my hopes up.

I would be interested in your experience with Zeam given the past with the others. I have used them all extensively. Zeam is the best performer of the bunch, followed by ADW. I would probably stick to Zeam exclusively if I could create custom app drawers like ADW. So, for now, I tend to alternate every couple of days.

Upvote 0
I tried ADW, Launcher Pro and Zeam. I like Zeam the most with its minimalism and fast response. The only things thats annoying is the way the screens jump when you scroll from one screen to the other. Other than that, in my opinion its the best one for my purposes.

Also:
I will second the Zeam post. Not for everyone I realize but I like it. It is like an enhanced TW. I do not use many widgets. The more shortcuts and apps on my home page and the fewer clicks to get to what I want the better. I like being able to have 7 apps in my dock available on all home screens. Also like being able to add more and have my dock scrollable. I'm running it on a Fascinate and pulling the top notification down is sometimes a reach (sounds silly/lazy I realize). With Zeam you have the ability to add a few custom swypes and have it do a few custom things. For example: I can swype down from anywhere on the home screen (dont have to reach allllllllll the way up top) and pull down the notification bar. Also, on the home screen I swype up and can see all 7 home screens on the screen at once and then just pick one. One other thing is that the apps list is alphabetized and scrolls up and down. I did not like as much scrolling page by page left & right with TW. I tried ADW and LP for a day each and settled in on Zeam. I'm sure some day I will try them each again for for the heck of it just to see.

Brian

Thanks for the heads up about the dock being scrollable. I didn't know I could have more than 7 apps in them.

Upvote 0
For those of you who didn't like Zeam because you couldn't change the number of rows and columns, you now can in the latest update.

I like the dock that shows the actual icon for the app and not a generic mail icon or text icon etc.

I like LPP too, but I don't use the features as much as everyone else, so Zeam suits me fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones