ADW vs Helix vs Launcher pro

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by antipesto93, May 30, 2010.

1. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    what do you use? i really cant decide!
    so far i like adw the best, but its abit slow, launcher pro is defiantly the fastest!

Advertisement
  2. junkiepilot

junkiepilot Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    I prefer sense to all of them to be honest.

3. daivik

daivik Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I think sense is the best, it just has practically all the features you would ever want.

(apart from themes, which I really want)

But launcherpro has really smooth fade animations between the homescreen and menu. :p

4. lekky

lekky Lover
    VIP Member

So does adw :p

I prefer ADW, have had a lot less FC's with that. The reason I prefer these over sense is due to the buttons on the bottom of sense, I never use any of them! But I do love sense's black theme

5. X-QlusioN

X-QlusioN Member

May 5, 2010
    Belgium
    I've been testing out many Home replacements the last couple of days and the thing that makes me revert back to Sense is that the HTC widgets aren't accessable in any of them and I do like those the most...

Although I really like the docking bar in PandaHome... (bit more customisable then the docking bar in ADW...

6. Tiger333

Tiger333 Member

May 22, 2010
    I prefer ADW - alot of useful options and super quick!
    not as bulky as sense

although i would rate them as

ADW
    Sense
    Launcher Pro
    Helix

7. joeyweaver

joeyweaver New Member

Feb 10, 2010
    I love LauncherPro! Best I've used so far. I like the new option to hide the notification bar at the top....however I've seen some screenshots that show a widget that has the notification bar stuff in it (like battery, cell strength, etc.) Does anyone know what this widget is? These would be nice to pair together.

8. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Launcher Pro. ADW is great and offers a lot of options, but Pro is catching up easily in some areas, and already leapfrogging it in others: the option to have a 4x5 screen (!), the helicopter view ala Sense is much smoother, and hiding icon labels. The dock customization is excellent.

Helix's been lagging behind for a while, IMO.

9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    This thread is quite old but I am looking into this myself. I'm not bothered about helix.

So LauncherPro v ADW? Theres a newer version of Pro since thread creation isn't there?

Many new users, whats your choice? Why?

10. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    VIP Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    LauncherPro has just came out of beta. If you buy the LP Plus, you can have Sense like widgets.

I've always liked LP since the first day it launched, but I've heard really good stuff with the recent ADW now. So will try out ADW again and see how I like it. One thing that's a big bugger for me is the sheer amount of promissions that LP now requires.

SUroot likes this.
  11. jred7469

jred7469 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    I use Launcherpro plus - for the sake of

12. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    On first look I do like launcher pro better

13. DVNO

DVNO Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    Chicago
    I have been using ADW on my nexus and i love it. I havent tried LP in a while so maybe ill check that out and compare it. I love the way you can have side to side scrolling apps instead of just up and down.

14. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    I would miss friendstream though. I have tried pure messenger but its not a patch on friendstream aesthetically.

Now I'm familiar with configuring launcherpro, may give adw a go.

15. Ceefax

Ceefax Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    LauncherPro. Love the ability to change the launch icons at the bottom and having 3 rows of them.

Also very rarely get any FC on it, weird some people do. Obviously different widgets, different events.

16. lekky

lekky Lover
    VIP Member

i prefer launcher pro because it is most stable.

HOWEVER, i currently am using ADW launcher because of its ability to swipe up or down to bring up the helicopter preview of the screens.

17. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    LauncherPro here for me because it's a little bit more stable, plus the emerging widgets fill in big gaps in the market i.e. the people and bookmarks app

18. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    To be honest, if i could change the dock in sense, that would be me happy. I love the silver dock in lo but because of the sense widgets, everything else seems lacking

19. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I agree, sense would be perfect if I could change the idiotic dock at the bottom to the three panel LauncherPro one. Don't suppose there's an app for that?

20. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Level Designer
    UK,Cambridge
    I like Launcher Pro but I still prefer ADW in terms of features. Not used Sense in months. Had a few good widgets but you can replace them all for free or a few quid.

21. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    What has ADW got over launcher pro? This is something I haven't found yet.

22. stueyboy

stueyboy Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    in ADW you can select how many rows and colmns you have on your home screen. In effect, it places the icons closer together and then stretches the widgets to fit. Seemed to work well for me on 5x5 but didn't try anything higher.

SUroot likes this.
  23. Loud

Loud Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Careers Advisor
    Manchester Uk
    I'm running Launcher Pro Plus and I'm pretty sure you can do that in LPP now, although I can be a dumbass sometimes and may be wrong...

...but I think in to menu-preferences-advanced settings-scroll down and Kapow!

Maybe lol

24. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    LP lets you have a 4x5 screen, but no more. ADW now lets you stretch it to 8x8 (!).

ADW's one downside for me, right now, is that it doesn't play nice with CyanogenMod 6 RC at all. :/ So Launcher Pro it is.

25. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    There was an app you could buy that squeezed 4 icons in a 1x1 space. I got a refund though. Didnt need to save that much space