Adware? Please help!Support

1. nixter1911

nixter1911 Member

I got an alert from Lookout this morning saying it found adware on my phone and it's something called "Match3VS" ... I haven't installed any new apps (just the normal updates when they need it..) and I can't uninstall it! I've tried uninstalling through Lookout and it says "uninstall not successful". The app isn't in "my apps" in Google Play or the Amazon App Store. I don't see it anywhere - I've searched for it on my phone and it's nowhere to be found.

If anyone could help me figure out how to remove this, I'd really appreciate it! I'm running a T-Mobile GS4, stock.

Advertisement
  2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Not sure why it is marked as adware, but it's an app included with the phone. It can't be removed unless you root, but you should be able to find it under group play and disable it.
    nixter1911 likes this.
  3. nixter1911

nixter1911 Member

Hmm that's odd that Lookout just picked it up.. I was able to disable it though... thank you!!
  4. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

My pleasure, Minnesota!
    [​IMG]
  5. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

Match3vS is a stock app that is part of the Group Play Suite. I got the alert a day or two ago and just set it to ignore for now. I'm sure if it needs to be removed, Samsung and the carriers will either acknowledge it or release a security update to patch it out.