Adware with 2.1 update?General

Last Updated:

1. jpkdroid

jpkdroid Member This Topic's Starter

Since the 2.1 update my phone had been super slow, locking up, etc. I did the hard reset after backing things up and it seems to be better now. However, there are so many other programs that automatically run now like Amazon MP3, Bluetooth Sharing, Music & some others. These weren't running before the update and my battery life is much less than it used to be. Is there a need for these to be there and can you permanently remove them or other "system" programs?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Bluetooth Sharing is the only one running on mine.. don't like that so I forced stop.

I don't see the others you mention, in running services or applications.

I'm wondering if those you are seeing are application related; something you installed?

3. jpkdroid

Nope... these were put on by the update on my phone. As I'm replying to this, I'm wondering if, because I have mp3s on my phone, that it automatically puts them on like adware in a computer reads your searches or something. Who knows?

4. toppy

toppy Member

I am experiencing the same thing - I'll open my ATK and there will be about 10 applications running, and they aren't applications that I have opened.

5. Frisco

That makes sense, unfortunately.

6. jpkdroid

My next questions is, can you manually delete these programs? There's no way to uninstall them from the applications management but with all of the other things I read that you can do to this OS maybe someone knows a way?

I was so anxious to go from 1.5 to 2.1 but when it finally hit my phone the only benefit I saw was being able to watch youtube videos. I'd sacrifice that option to just have a fast phone with good battery life again!

7. Frisco

Playing music on my telephone, to me, would be like cooking dinner with my clothes dryer.

I don't use MP3s on my device, so I have no idea about how to get rid of things related to that. I'll learn about it now, though, it's here and it is not going to go away.

8. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Those ran on my phone with 1.5. I dont think it was 2.1 thatdid it. However, the only way to get rid of them is to root. If you have the ota you can root.

9. jpkdroid

I'm gonna try rooting at some point. I'm just glad my phone is running a little better than it was after the OTA update 2.1.

10. jpkdroid

Thanks for the input guys. I'll task kill them for now and take a shot at rooting once I read up on it some more.

11. akillys

akillys Well-Known Member

The ghost icons and apps you are seeing are looking for updates. For the next time you go into the market.its nothing to be worried about.theres a post in here the leak users started a few months ago if you want more info.