• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Affirm Financing

I want to apply for this just to see what I end up with but don't want to place an actual order yet, so I didn't follow through because it appears I need to click the place order button first.

Anyway, from what I've heard the interest is only around $100 for a year financing.
A credit card would be less interest.

Edit: Unless you have bad credit, I guess.

Upvote 0
I hardly ever buy anything on credit. I was turned down for Google credit while ordering a Nexus 6P and Project Fi for the reason that, while my credit wasn't bad, none of it was recent enough. So I used my invitation to order a Project Fi sim card and placed an order for a 64GB Graphite 6P through Huawei and applied to pay via credit through Affirm, even though their interest rate was too high. My credit was immediately accepted, so I completed the order and put the total cost on three payments. First payment was scheduled for early November and total interest was $23.23, but I saved state sales tax. I paid my first payment the very next day and will pay the other two after receiving the phone, so, since interest is APR compounded daily, I'll end up paying around $10 in interest. But, by doing it this way, I'll now have 'recent' credit and it will only cost me $10, and maybe I'll be able to qualify for the next Nexus through Google. For the record, if I had to finance the phone for a year or more, I would have put it on one of my very seldom used credit cards instead.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones