1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Affordable prepaid phones

1. bob60626

bob60626 Well-Known Member

It looks like there are some nice options, fwiw-
    Lg L9- 200 online at TMO, apparently 200-50 at Best Buy if you pay with a Mastercard.
    S2- Still 330 at Walmart online with a thirty dollar card.
    Exhibit 2- 200 online with a fifty dollar card.
    Blaze- 300 online with a fifty dollar card.

I think my Walmart S2 was about 360 after shipping and taxes.

Advertisement
  2. yfan

yfan Well-Known Member

Add the Nexus 4 to it at $300/$350 ... IF you can get one. Also, the Galaxy Nexus if you can find it online.
  3. bob60626

That's why I didn't list the 4, i think I've seen it for 400-500! The ones I wrote are all new prices.
  4. yfan

yfan Well-Known Member

Well the price in the Play Store is still the same, it's just not available right now. I suspect it will be back in stock on there though. But yes, it's true that T-mo is selling it for $500.
  5. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member

Check out Swappa or ebay. There are some reputable companies selling good (refurb) phones at a low price
  6. ilcavallo

ilcavallo Well-Known Member

i don't see where best buy has the L9.
  7. mogelijk

mogelijk Well-Known Member

Here is the link for the L9 at Best Buy.
  8. ilcavallo

aahhh....thanks. doesn't show up just navigating to the tmobile prepaid phones.
  9. ilcavallo

but that best buy coupon expired on the 21st didn't it?
  10. chong67

chong67 Well-Known Member

That $50 off $100? That was fun. Worst Buy had to redo their coupon to just a 1 day sale.

I have an eye on the new One S. Avg is around $350. I will be doing snipping until I get it.
  11. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

i liked this phone as well but the lack of expandable memory was a no go for me
  12. walmart989

walmart989 Active Member

My S2 @ walmart was 315$, they do not make you buy the 30$ card. Wifes L9 was 210$. They work on contract plans. I know people are always looking at prepaid MVNOs to save a buck, but if you bring a phone like I did you can do tmo contract for less than 90$/month for the 2 lines. Thats a couple bucks cheaper than most, and we never hit close to 1000 minutes. You can also roam and use tmo talk over wifi feature. 79.99 + taxes and fees unlimited data (2 gb hispeed), I love it.
  13. chong67

I saw the L9 today. You can get a new one for around $250. That is cheap with a 4.5" screen. OK, the processor is only 1Ghz but it doesnt matter.
    lightsleeper23 likes this.
  14. lightsleeper23

lightsleeper23 Well-Known Member

I got an l9. They're $200 off contract at best buy. It's only a 1ghz processor, but it is dual core and I must say the phone runs shockingly well. Much smoother and faster than other dual cores with faster processors that I've tried. And it's 4G, what more could you want?
  15. chong67

I dont mind a 1ghz processor too. It saves on battery.

How could it be this cheaper?

I think LG is a good company and it pressure other fon manuf to lower the price. LG makes Google phone.
  16. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member

That price for the L9 looks pretty good
    chong67 likes this.
  17. walmart989

walmart989 Active Member

And the L9 IS very smooth. As responsive as my S2. If you feel that a phone is something to play on,talk/text on, surf a little, play some tunes,play a game,Facebook,you know- simple stuff, then it's a great phone. Only 4GB, but pop a memory card in and voila! If youwant to launch and run,say Skynet , then maybe not for you.
  18. bob60626

The Blaze is now $300 with a $100 refill card, the Note 2 650 with fifty.
  19. narutoninjakid

narutoninjakid Well-Known Member

the note 2 is what I got but its in no way affordable 😄
  20. Sepero

Sepero Linux Guru Guide

Anyone try a knock off clone like the Star S7180 (Galaxy Note 2). It sells for under $200 in many places.
  21. eljefe0000

eljefe0000 Well-Known Member

if you live in a refarmed area you should be ok
  22. SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan Well-Known Member

How do you check?