• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Afrpfg

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MP
With your stats I would pick a melee weapon skill (club/edge/brass knuckles/etc) at least one of them. Brawling etc work, but I am guessing that a weapon will do more damage than bare hands. Other than that it looks pretty good to me.

@Marc
There are two types of magic. As an android I would recommend arcane (because you don't need extra skills to level a certain type). Think of it kind of like a medieval wizard, but that it is more like super high tech science than a spell. You should pick a school (i.e. Type of spell) like charms or fire or whatever you prefer. Think of that like learning a type of weapon, you learn the school/type and are proficient in it. They may fail or miss, but you know your way around it pretty well. The stat associated with that is Int. Willpower based (divine) is more healing/defense with some damage dealing schools. That one is better for humans as it costs an extra skill to learn for androids, but humans don't need that, arcane is basically the opposite (humans need the skill and androids don't). If you want to be a weapon focused fighter (swords/clubs/pistol/flame thrower/etc) I would pick str (for melee i.e. swords/clubs/etc) or agi (ranged weapons i.e. guns etc) as your primary. Humans have a very slight edge for non magic combat (not by much), so if you want to be an android, it won't gimp you but humans have a small edge there. (base stats which can be mostly evened out, and a slightly larger health pool).
Sorry for that being long, hope it clarifies a bit. Feel free to ask if you are unsure and need help, we'll help you get set up how you want. :D I have some D&D rpg experience, it makes this easier as the concepts are similar. If you haven't played a similar game, this can appear daunting. Just remember that we will help anyone out.

Upvote 0
[Hide]sweet I get drunk and you guys all get characters made. :D let's get this started today. AFAIK karan is still working on maps but I don't think it will be needed right away. I will collect my ideas and get a starting post typed up. We will start with role play...[/spoiler]

Upvote 0
I have updated the currency on post 5 to show that the currency is Google Credits. I am going to begin the game in a moment. Finalization of characters should be done by midnight EST tonight. I will at that point document in a Google doc everyone's character after that point if you wish to change anything it needs to be discussed with me first (hide tag post here or PM is fine) this includes if you chose a skill and want to change it or if you are using PP to upgrade the character. Backstory is nice and you will be rewarded for ;) so if you come up with a backstory please either post it here or send me a PM if you do not wish it to be public. If we find that a certain rule isn't working as expected it can be changed but it will only be effective from the time it is changed onward so if rule x causes you trouble today then we change it 3 days from now it doesn't change the past ;). Lets try to minimize the discussion of this game in the FGL ;) I don't want to chase off people from that thread. Remember no editing action posts once you have posted it that is what your character does (there will be exceptions to this but it will be due to discussion. I am still trying to finalize how the roll system will work. I think it will be you do your action. I post a difficulty then your next post (in or out of game as long as it is in this thread) will provide the post ID used in the roll.

Remember questions are still welcome :D Lets begin

Upvote 0
The air smells of saltwater full of the sounds of gulls and the scents of the wharf. You see people bartering over the prices of fish, clams, shell jewlery, and many of the goods provided by the sea. The atmosphere reminds you of why you love the town of Gamin so much, everything just seems natural here. You have received notice that someone you have never met before has asked to meet with you. This stranger who you have been told is named

Upvote 0
Smith says to Danforth, "Well, you seem like a decent fellow and this could be interesting. I will take you up on that offer."

Smith takes the credits and gets off to doing some shopping.

A suit and bow tie
A pair of Chuck Taylor's
A light trenchcoat (+ 1 AC)
A backpack (normal size)
A few energy bars (4)
A loaf of bread
1 lb of sliced ham
1/2 lb cheddar cheese
A sports drink
3 bottles of water
Basic electronic tools & wires
A loaded revolver (6 shot)
A shoulder holster
150 rounds of extra ammo
A cell phone (prepaid dumb phone with 200 minutes)

Smith asks around about this Danforth character while shopping, hoping to hear something about him.
Does my fishing for info work?
After returning Smith looks in on some of the games, one in particular catches his eye. It has people telling random lies about the person who spoke before them. He thinks to himself ('How odd... Did I just hear someone yelling about being banned? Oh well, this is a silly place.') Smith then goes off to get some rest before the meeting with the other hired adventurers.

Upvote 0
@karan
"T'resezk I heard some rumors that you were a difficult one, of course some of the others I heard make me want for you to work for me so I will give you 200"

Danforth then reaches into is vest and pulls out a stack of cache larger than you have seen before counts out an additional 50 GC and puts them in the envelope and hands it to you. After you take the envelope he says

"Do not disappoint me T'resezk for I am not the type person who will forgive failure or insolence had it not been for what I have heard about you I would not have given you anything and just sent you on your way...my Frisco be with you"

These words are spoken with a cold hatred that can only be gained by seeing countless horrors that should not exist in this world. They give you the feeling that Danforth is a man who you should not cross if you value your life as he would be willing to risk his to get a point across.

Upvote 0
@AC13

You find everything in your shopping list including the cell phone
had you not had a skill and brought it up you wouldn't have been able to afford the phone
It is a prepaid phone that you can "top up" currently it has a balance of 10GC on it (enough for 200 mins) it is a dumb phone. You have 5 GC left.

In your asking around town for info is not completely fruitless. You hear a rumor that Danforth is an expat from Otros who fought against the Apple corp take over of the country. You also hear another rumor that Danforth is somehow connected to Apple Corp. You are unable to verify the validity of either claim.

Upvote 0
Cain slowly sips on his beverage of cheap whiskey. Saying nothing, he grabs the money and leaves the building.

Gear we already mentioned, does that need to be purchased? I'm fine if so, but otherwise I'm thinking my gear is fine. And by gear, I mean clothes. I'm not expected Cain to be walking around in just underpants... ;)
> Buys a six shooter
> Buys a a few boxes of ammo (x3)
> Buys a hunting rifle
> Buys ammo for the rifle (x2)
> Buys a first aid kit
> Buys a knife.

I'm guessing that I didn't quite spend all the cash, or maybe I did.

Upvote 0
After the day of shopping and resting that night. Smith goes to wander around the city. He hasn't been to this place in ages. It isn't much like he remembers (and being an android his memory is perfect). It was a small place when he was last here and has grown into a decent city. He can recognize some landmarks, but it is mostly unfamiliar.

During his wandering Smith asks around about the local gossip and rumors of anything interesting. He makes it back to the spinning beer with enough time to enjoy a pint before meeting Danforth and the others.

Upvote 0
T'resezk thinks "so he was indeed,Danforth of the Reaper Ops. Wonder what he has in mind.... "
takes out a small note books and scribbles something ...

He leaves to fill his supplies

/skill Search
2 cotton shirts and a pair of jeans .
A medium backpack .
A sleeping bag
Two loaves of bread .
Some wine
One short sword .
Six bottles of water .
Leaves of the Knowlet tree
A cellphone
Some maps of the nearby terrain >_>
Some paper .
A compass

/skill spot (and luck ?)
He stumbles upon a carving knife,sundial and pendulum. Weird thinks T'resezk (Luck and spot ?)

I think I am missing something but T'resezk is not a frontline fighter .Not sure about potions too

T'resezk tries to negotiate with the Jaded Samurai but he refused to part the wabisuke .

He returns to the spinning Beer just to keep an eye on the movements of Danforth ...

Upvote 0
[Hide] carving knife isthe main tool for navigation for marking terrain so that the party doesn't get lost .

carving knife is also used to carve wood figurines and probably figurines can be used as barter .

The leaves are sort of identity for negiotiating with other divine wizards...(or healing potion)

[/spoiler]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones