After 2.2 update calls have no audio -- any suggestions?Support

Last Updated:

1. samalex

samalex Member This Topic's Starter

My wife and I both have DroidX phones, and Wednesday I updated mine to Froyo with no problems then last night I updated hers. I've had no problems with mine, but on her phone when making a call neither her or the person being called can hear each other. She called me earlier from the DroidX and I got the call but the line sounded dead. She couldn't hear me nor could I hear her.

Is this an update problem or is some setting on the phone not set correctly? I'd assume even if Mute was pressed she could hear the person she called, but she's verified Mute isn't pressed nor is the volume turned all the way down.

Any suggestions? Also worse case if I rest the phone to factory would it revert back to Android 2.1 requiring the Froyo update to be reran or did the update flash the ROM as well?

Thanks --

Sam

Advertisement
  2. beangrower

beangrower Well-Known Member

did u folks try putting it on speakerphone? i blew out my earpiece but the speakphone and bluetooth worked. maybe all speaker and microphones blew out. i had mines replaced with a certified replacement after i called verizon tech. the tech suggested to reboot the phone and do a battery pull. neither worked. 3days later i got my replacement.

3. androy

androy Well-Known Member

I would try doing a factory restore and see what happens.. You will be on a fresh 2.2. That phone will never see 2.1 again.

4. jayloren724

jayloren724 Member

this happened to me as well this morning, i received a call and i couldn't hear anything and the receiver couldn't hear anything either. After rebooting, everything worked fine. I did a *228 too just in case. Haven't had any issues since.

If you do a factory reset, it will revert to 2.2, not 2.1; i did it last night.

5. BabyRN

BabyRN Well-Known Member

I had this same exact problem when my Droid 1 was updated OTA with 2.2. VZ ended up replacing the phone. I was told by the CSR that this was a known problem with the update and that there is no known fix or when one will be available. From what I have been reading here on the X forum is everyone is having the same problems with the 2.2 that all the Droid 1 users experienced. VZ said they replaced something like 20,000 Droid 1's due to this update. :eek:

6. Grizzlybear

Grizzlybear Well-Known Member

I had this issue yesterday, under call settings i turned off voice privacy mode which got turned on after the update and its worked better today.

7. samalex

samalex Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for all the great replies.. I talked my wife through powering off the phone and that seemed to work.

Take care --
    Sam

8. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

if it doesn't work, do a *228 and do both options
    that fixed it for me

9. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

Damn, what a mess. This happened to me yesterday as well. Worked after powering down and back up, but does it happen again after that?

Anyone?

This is ridiculous. This thing is supposed to be a phone FIRST!

10. daveku1

daveku1 Member

same thing happened to me just tonight.. did a quick soft reboot (power down, then power up) and problem went away (for now..)

think i may try the *228 option just in case..