• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help After 2.2 upgrade, my text messaging history has disappeared

MojoZane

Lurker
Sep 24, 2010
I upgraded to the 2.2 os. Things have been slow/glitchy off and on since then. My text messaging notifications are now spotty, especially the sound, whereas before they worked great. The worst though, is that I discovered that all my text messaging history appears to have vanished beyond about 10 days ago. Before the update, my history was there from July 15, the day I got my phone. I have lost some very important texts. Does anyone know if there is any way to recover this? I have found messages in the forums about text messages being stored in the contact history even after deletion, but I have checked there and the history only goes back the same length as my text messages now, about 10 days or so. I am very upset about losing the message history for some of my important contacts.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones