After 4 months... Thinking of trading eris for droid x !!General

Last Updated:

1. DROIDdoesyourmom

DROIDdoesyourmom Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so ...

I have had my Droid Eris for about 4-5 months now.. and i loved it and after hearing all the criticism about the Droid Eris.. I have came to love it alot..
    I have spent my months rooting and fixing it up and im on this site 24-7 learning new ways to fix up my Eris..

well now after watching the many commercials of the Droid X.. Im attracting to it.. and without having to go look for all the tedious details and info i dont need..

I would really love for someone to tell me the neat facts and the pros and cons of the Droid X and helping me with my decision if i should dump the Eris and go with the X !!

Advertisement
  2. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

You should probably ask the Droid X forum.

3. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

If you're willing to shell out retail price ($600 I think) for it, then go for it... it is a more advanced, faster and bigger phone. No contest as far as stats go compared to the Eris. The size is why I wouldn't want the X. Way too big to feel comfortable using it.

Personally I'm waiting for whatever comes out during the holidays or early next year. There will be a much better phone then the X out by then. I'm praying to the phone gods that we'll be blessed with an Eris2!!! Same form factor, but with a faster processor and better screen. Maybe even slightly bigger. Only slightly.

4. Natas

Natas Well-Known Member

or wait for the Droid Pro coming in November.

5. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

FINALLY A FONT I CAN READ!!!

You will not be disappointed with the DroidX. It is a nice phone with great hardware specs. Do not think though that it does not have issues of somekind. All smarty phones have some issue. The hardware is really nice and fast and you will enjoy the speed. Just don't expect it to be 100% flawless. I suggest go review the droidx and inc forums here and see what they are saying about their phones. Best way to find out about a phone is to see what people are asking for help with.

6. smacky

smacky Banned

The Droid X is already obsolete. Knowing that better devices are around the corner (the end of this year) and are closer to your potential upgrade date of one year, then you may want to wait until January for a new phone.

By then, phones will be running dual-cores and the more recent iteration of Android, whatever comes after Gingerbread.

So my advice is wait. The DX is not worth $600 off-contract.

7. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm just going to wait until my upgrade comes around. Whatever phones they have 1 year from now will be leagues better than the Droid X or any Android phone out now.

8. takeyouriphoneandshoveit

takeyouriphoneandshoveit Well-Known Member

as much as i would like the Droid X, my upgrade date is next october. i just hope my eris will last that long. first 2 broke on me, 1 the infamous trackball issue, the 2nd i had my 3g go out on me. i got my eris back in march so they may allow me to upgrade in march but not for quite as low of price.

9. DROIDdoesyourmom

DROIDdoesyourmom Active Member This Topic's Starter

thanks guysss ... Most of yall are prob right

i should just wait n see what the new ones come out later in the year.. Its just cause the x is so tempting to get..

But ill just stick with the eris for a bit longer..

10. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Thought I'd chime-in here since I own an Eris and a Droid X.

I love my (rooted-since-May) Eris and it has been virtually problem-free since the day I bought it the second week of November 2009. But I have read through the threads for the Eris since November here at AF and am aware of most of the issues that folks have had with it.

I also love my Droid X which I bought on launch day, July 15, 2010--so, I've had almost a month to evaluate it.

Survey says:

1. Droid X (to me) is like a big Eris, albeit with sharper corners.

2. The X is fast; will be faster with Froyo...I don't really care too much about benchmarks (I am a geek/nerd and I appreciate a good benchmark stat as much as the next tech guy), but I do care that the phone is plenty snappy.

3. The screen is awesome, big, and everything I hoped it would be.

4. The phone does not feel "too big" to me, but when I do pull-out the ole Eris, the Eris does seem small.

5. The Droid X is not an HTC device; lots of folks have had "silent call" problems which most attribute to HTC devices; they also don't like Sense; the UI was never a big issue for me: as long as I can launch the apps I want and they run well and look good, I'm happy.

6. The phone / call quality is excellent (multiple mics). Never had a problem with my Eris though.

The X to me is just a bigger, faster, better smartphone. Logical successor to the Eris, from a different manufacturer.

There will always be a next big thing.

Try it yourself. If you don't like it, return it (I think you'd only be out a $35 restocking fee).

Good luck.