• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

After 5 Days of Ownership....

clitrenta

Android Enthusiast
Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin - USA
ok. This is actually the second time I've tried the MyTouch. The first time was not a totally pleasant experience due to what I thought was just a bad OS. I returned the phone during the trial period (10 days in). After a lot of thought I decided to try it again (about 1 1/2 mo later) and the experience this time is all together different. I relaize that the calibration of the first phone must have been way off making my typing experience very disappointing. Of course, I didn't realize that until after I got this second device. I can't tell you how much difference it makes having a phone that works right. The typing is MUCH better this time and I am really enjoying this phone. It does everything I need and then some. I'm coming from a Blackberry so it's a bit of an adjustment but one that was not entirely hard. I really love this phone and Android and I fully believe that I will stick with Android devices for the forseeable future. I even got my hubby into one which was really interesting given he has rather large fingers (no keyboard). He isn't quite as tech savy but interestingly enough he states this phone is actually easier to use than any others he's had. I suspect because it is much more "visual" that you can figure out a lot just by looking. Whatever the reason, his approval was the icing on the cake. MyTouch - we're loving you. :D

ive had mines close to 3 weeks , though i had a month to return it. i was gonna yesterday. the keyboard lag is veeeery annoying on this phone. any fixes?

I didn't know a keyboard could lag. What exactly is it doing? Mine is working fine, nice and snappy. You might want to go to a T-Mo store and ask them about it. My first one was clearly out of calibration. I have no clue why that didn't occur to me but I'm really glad I decided to try it again.

Upvote 0
I've had mine since Thanksgiving weekend and find myself starting to use the data features. mind you I am coming from a Razr phone that I used for voice only so this was a change. I have a home loaded with computing power and also work from home. I never thought I would use the mobile Internet aspect, but sure enough I've done gone and used it. Heck, I've used it to just be more lazy while at home. :D

Upvote 0
I've had mine since Thanksgiving weekend and find myself starting to use the data features. mind you I am coming from a Razr phone that I used for voice only so this was a change. I have a home loaded with computing power and also work from home. I never thought I would use the mobile Internet aspect, but sure enough I've done gone and used it. Heck, I've used it to just be more lazy while at home. :D

I've had plenty of phones with data plans but none of them really inspired me to use the internet on them until this phone. I can actually accomplish things on web pages with the MT3G! Imagine that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones