After a few days with N1 my personal thoughts.

Last Updated:

1. darrinaltman

darrinaltman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 11, 2009
    First off I have had a Sprint Diamond, Touch Pro, iPhone, iPhone 3G, 3GS, G1, Palm Pre, Sprint Hero, Moto Droid, GSM Unlocked Hero amongst many other phones over the past many years ever since that brick of a phone I bought at Radio Shack before a lot of you were ever around probably.

I have not felt more excitement about a phone in such a long time. I feel the N1 in my pocket and I feel like when I was twelve years old and I would wake up excited because I knew I had that new Atari game to play with. I always feel excitement and anticipation for new phones (as you can tell above) but nothing like how I feel about this phone. Here are a few things that stand out for me:

-Screen: WOW, I am using the grass live background and the colors are simply amazing. Early morning and late afternoon when it turns orange with purple as the sun comes down just looks so unbelievable.

-Speed: Coming from the most recent phone being the Hero, I just love the speed. Sense is cool but running on a slower processor really slows down every aspect of phone. From the phone ringer on incoming calls to opening apps this thing flies.

-Music Playback: I think the sound thru headphones is excellent. I also am using some Jaybird wireless BT headphones and they sound great.

-Android: I love the multitasking experience and the five custom home screens with widgets. I got so tired of the same boring look of the iPhone apps screens. I personally love being able to pop up the five screens at bottom of phone and quickly jumping to the one I want. Im not sure why but I dont like swiping thru the screens. The new News & Weather widget is really nice especially streaming the news articles.

-N1 itself: Not sure why but I was never a fan of the look of the iPhones. I never thought it looked "sexy" as everyone seems to say but no other phone offered as much or worked so good. I hated the chrome bezel because no matter what you do it would scratch so easily. The N1 has such a sweet look imo and a great feel.

I just wanted to share some of my thoughts with the group.

2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Thanks for your thoughts, I too am like an excited little boy. Hoping it arrives before 2 pm tomorrow otherwise I'll have to wait till Wednesday for a pick up. Over the last few years I've had an HTC Touch Diamond, G1, iPhone 3G, Hero...

Funny you should say that about the iPhone chrome/plastic. I owned an iPhone 3G and I still have a 32Gb iPod Touch (1st gen) as my main music player. I always thought that the iPod Touch looked far nicer than the iPhone (nice dull grey around the screen). I also think there's not much too like about the styling, it's just a screen with a horrible plastic back (again, the iPod Touch had a nice shiny back) and that awful frilly knicker bezzle...