After almost 2 months in..

Last Updated:

1. aloha.android

aloha.android Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What are your opinions on the ROMs and Themes we have access to?

Have your opinions on the phone changed at all?

This is my first android phone, and I love everything that's been out so far. I love the community that we have (especially @ this forum)

But because of the route that Motorola went to with their phones, I highly doubt I will EVER buy another phone by them.

I originally wanted the fascinate, but it took way too long for them to give out any information about it's release date so I kept this.
    The only thing that I would hate about moving to another phone (with what Verizon offers now) is having a phone smaller than 4.3"

I actually might just sell my DroidX and move to the Fascinate later this month.

Does anyone feel the same way?

'Givl' you Motorola.

Advertisement
  2. Retrokid223

Retrokid223 Well-Known Member

im loving my X on froyo! but i have to admit if the bootloader wasn't locked then we would have way more roms,themes,overclocking.......

3. aloha.android

aloha.android Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah.. it sucks man. Im grateful for birdman though. And for koush for making the bootstrapper.

Hopefully the "obsidian" rom will make me love my phone again.

4. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

The fascinate is cool, I was in the same boat with the lack of infornation though.
    my next phone wont be till february or march though

5. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

yeah the bootloader thing is a bit depressing, but its great that the devs out there have gotten as far as they have. really hope we see overclocking on 2.2 soon though.

the dx is my first android phone and at the time of buying it i knew of rooting and roms etc but didnt really think it would be a dealbreaker with the whole efuse thing. 2 months in its frustrating a bit. thinking of picking up either an og droid or dinc off ebay just so i can play around with and load custom kernels and really mess around with. we ll see.