• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help after downloading presized wallpapers for G1, I am force to resize them??

austriker

Jun 1, 2010
okay so this is really annoying. i download images that are under g1 in zedge.net or are the same size as my screen but then when I go to save them as wallpaper it makes me resize them and so I only get like a tiny box showing as the wallpaper.. what is the deal here?

The rectangle for resizing isnt the size of the scree, it is short and wide and the screen is tall and skinny?! also it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to freaking change the rectange so it has the same aspect ratio as the screen- i have tried for seriously like 15 minutes and it doesnt work..

has anyone had any success making an image the correct aspect ratio/fit the g1 screen??

Upvote 0
huh weird. Yea I did that under g1 and found the right wallpaper. Although that is news that it has to be 640x480 because I goggled the screen reso and searched with those numbers.. Thanks.. Still there is the problem of the dumb android OS wanting to resize the images, and it is very very hard to do that..

Upvote 0
The stretching isn't bug, but feature, because the wallpaper is used (and stretched to) for 3 screens, so it has to be 2times wider than screen width, as written in my last post. I've uploaded my wallpaper and screenshots from all 3 homescreend for better understanding.
You can set 240x320 wallpapers (not stetched, set wallpaper for every homescreen) with Wallpaper Plus:
Wallpaper Plus v3.2 Application for Android | Tools

Attachments

• wp_celica.jpg
    wp_celica.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 78
  • fb0_left.jpg
    fb0_left.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 67
  • fb0_middle.jpg
    fb0_middle.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 88
  • fb0_right.jpg
    fb0_right.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 83
Upvote 0
huh okay but still it is painful to try and get the box stretched because it starts soo small..
thanks for your help and explanations- it does make sense that the screen has to be 3 for the android.. But here maybe a problem- I am running the cyanogen mod so I have 5 screens.. Will this change things a bit?

Upvote 0
OK, now I understand your problem (hope so). The selection rectangle (in my Gallery3D) starts as a small box, but you can resize it by tapping on this "chooser rectangle" edge and then dragging it, it will resize the selection (but still maintain 4:3 aspect ratio, so you can't move out of this 'famous' 640x480 range).
If you use 5 screens, the wallpaper will move 1/5 of its width per screen (instead of 1/3 for 3 screens homescreen, I've just tried it on my CM 6.0 RC3), but still the wallpaper's size is 640x480.
So if you want to use 320x480 wallpapers, download Wallpaper Plus (or search uncle Google for the "free" version:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones