After Froyo, calendar problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. jamadza

jamadza Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey,
    after the update to Froyo,

In default HTC Calendar app, when I choose date X and want to add an event there, the "From" date is always X+1 day. So I have to change it to X.
    This was not happening before the update.

Experiencing the same???

And do you happen to know how can I disable showing facebook birthdays in my calendar?

Advertisement
  2. broads desire

broads desire Well-Known Member

i would like to know how to disable facebook birthdays,... and no im not going to delete the acount and re add cz last time i did was without fb link for a week |:

3. jaztim

jaztim Member

calendar, menu, more, calendars. untick fb

4. KingRolo

KingRolo Member

i'm getting the date issue as well, not major just a pain!

5. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing when I first did the update. You need to clear the cache data after the update to fix the issue (do a factory reset). The reset will wipe the phone clean so you will lose your apps, messages, and settings, and have to install apps and run the setup again, but it fixes issues like this. I always do a factory reset after doing any update to start fresh. It's a bit of a hassle, but it's worth it.

Note that you can backup your settings and messages with an app, then restore them after the factory reset. Just search for backup in the Market.
    As mentioned, you can enable/disable various features in the Calendar settings.

6. jamadza

jamadza Active Member This Topic's Starter

And have you noticed that a schedule alarm screen is showing "todays" (=now() ) date instead of the date of appointment?? E.g. I have set a 24 hrs reminder for an event on July 5th, 8pm and at 8pm July 4th the notification screen with small calendar comes up but the date number in the calendar says 4th, instead of 5th... I cant confirm this issue now, because my desire is in service for motherboard replacement...