After Froyo Update - Issue w/Music (streaming or on phone) while using other apps/navigationSupport

Last Updated:

1. hollywoodfrodo

hollywoodfrodo Member This Topic's Starter

Prior to the 2.2 update if I was streaming music (Pandora or similar) or listening to MP3's (HTC's music player) while I was using the Google Navigation feature to get somewhere, my music would fade out when Google Needed to give me driving instructions, then fade back up afterwards. This was a brilliant feature to me.

Yesterday, I found myself using music and navigation for the first time since my late Friday 2.2 update. Now, it appears I have to choose what I want to hear. If music is playing and the navigation needs to give me instructions, it just stops the music altogether - it doesn't start back. OR I can mute the navigation instructions and just listen to the music. But they are working together the way they used to. :-(

I haven't received a phone call while playing/streaming music to see if this issue goes with that too. I'll check it at home tonight and see and report back.

Anyone else have this issue - anyone have a fix?

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Yes, it's a global Froyo issue until either Maps or the music apps get updated again.

3. taris300

taris300 Well-Known Member

I've been using btunes as my music player, and i guess its froyo ready, cause it works just as before, playing again after the navi is done talking. i love btunes

4. question729

question729 Well-Known Member

Good to know. I use bTunes. :)

5. hollywoodfrodo

hollywoodfrodo Member This Topic's Starter

I did some more testing and research. Found that this isn't a Froyo issue, but rather an app issue. Each app has to be programmed to "hook" into/out of the speaker. So probably it's just that some apps need updates because the hook for Froyo is different.

But here's the really stupid thing. The HTC Music Player doesn't work with Navigation! Uh, isn't this an HTC phone that included an HTC certified version of Froyo?!?!? With navigation on, if it gives a spoken direction, the HTC Music Player stops, then doesn't start back. Even RealPlayer (which isn't the best music player) does still work with Navigation (as you mentioned btunes does) - it pauses, then starts back after navigation gives instructions. And HTC's own music player doesn't?!?!?

I also tested various music apps with call interruption and HTC's music player appears to work fine with call interruption, just not with Navigation. Some other streaming apps work with one, but not the other. Some work with either now. I guess that's part of getting updates - it's groovy, but it means some apps that worked fine before won't work until their creators get around to updating them as well...

6. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

yeah this pisses me off like no other. I really want a fix for this because I can do a lot of driving and use both Pandora/HTC player and NAV at the same time a lot.

7. svwilbur

svwilbur Well-Known Member

My speaker is all distorted now after the update when I play music from any source Slacker of disk or whatever. It is clear through headphones but distorted, scratchy at any volume level through the speaker.

Guess I need a new speaker/ phone.

Update: I called verizon and they had me reprogram *228 option 1, it did not help then I talked to tech support and they said the update has no issues with speaker and actually it fixed some issues so they are FEDx'ing me a replacement phone from HTC out overnight. Hope it is in good shape.