After I installed google voice I cannot receive sms from my regular number???? HELP

Last Updated:

1. repsolrvtrc

repsolrvtrc New Member This Topic's Starter

I am using a samsung capitvate on ATT. Android 2.1 I installed google voice and created a google voice account. I am able to send and rec sms through google voice and my new GV # but I can only send sms from my att number. I cannot receive any sms from my att number and people who are sending them do not get any kind of message they just get lost in the network somewhere. People in general and my boss are getting mad because they think I am just ignoring them.... Please help...

Advertisement
  2. tomastamm

tomastamm New Member

3. stainlessray

stainlessray Well-Known Member

You shouldn't be required to add a 3rd party app. i use GV on my evo, and receive texts fine through both my gv# and my cell# respectively. i don't know your phone, but used android 2.1 for a couple of months without a problem like your talking about.

it sounds like something could be messed up in your settings either in your native messaging app, or GV. what application are you using for SMS on your phone?

just to be clear, you are definitely not receiving the texts at all right? as opposed to not getting the notification that a message was received?

it is possible that your problem could be network related, and the problem began after you started using GV, purely by coincidence ... a long shot maybe, but possible.