• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help After Jelly Bean update tab wont charge

After the recent update my Samsung Galaxy tab 2 10.1 will not charge anymore. It attempts to charge where you see the yellow bar increasing then it stops after 2 seconds. I have tried charging it through the wall and my computer with the same results. Any ideas?

Please use the ORIGINAL charger that came with your tab. It charges at 2amps, not the usual USB charging rate of 500mA, which the computer charges.

Upvote 0
I think the op said he had tried the wall charger? Im having the same issue. Its plugged into the wall but the battery icon has a red x and it says discharging in the battery section. If i switch it off it behaves very strange. The charging icon is now gold instead of blue(figure thats just part of the update) and earlier it wouldnt do anything when i tried to charge it. Then it started showing the charge icon for a second and then would go off. Then it showed a yellow triangle and just sat on that before finally the charging icon started moving. I thought ok it now works but no. Left it charging for hours and just switched it on to find its only at 15 percent and it still wont charge switched on and plugged in. It should have been at 100 percent by now if it was actually charging. i own many samsung products including the s3, s2, series 7 laptop, smart tv and dvd player but i must say these tablets are crap. Own two of them and one wont update over the wifi or that excuse for software known as kies and this one that did update wont charge now.
Has anyone else had this issue or have any ideas on how to fix it? cheers

Upvote 0
FIXED!

Tried the reboot tips, plugging in to a PC still a dead tablet. The empty batter shows up then it goes 25%, 50% gold battery fill and then dies. I called Samsung. They were VERY helpful. The lady walked me through a few diagnostic steps. One she had me do was plug into a PC and asked if it recognized the tablet on the PC. The PC did not recognize the tablet. With that step she was fairly certain it was the cable or the Tablet itself. She recommended going to Best Buy (where we bought it) and asking to try one of their chargers. We did that and it went to 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% gold bar on the batter charging icon and repeated (normal charging cycle). So Best Buy just gave us a new cable (we had bought it less than 30 days ago). All is well. The cable we were given is a "rocketfish" so not a Samsung replacement. Samsung was careful to recommend only a Samsung replacement but we'll see. It was definitely a defective cable in our case. Perhaps some of the fixes may just be wiggling a intermittent cable and later a fail (caution on that).

Good luck all!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones