After OTA 2.2 my music apps won't shut off!!Support

Last Updated:

1. Eris DeWitt

Eris DeWitt Active Member This Topic's Starter

Everything seemed perfect after I downloaded the update until the moment I turned on the stock music app. I use System Panel, and when I went to end the app it continued to play. I shut my phone down and re-booted only to find the problem still existed. I downloaded Advanced Task Killer with no luck. After a little bit of anguish over having to re-customize my phone I decided to do a Factory Data Reset. Still no luck! I spoke with a tech over at VZW and both reps I spoke with were completely baffled. They said since it's an HTC built app that they would have to fix the issue and to give it a couple of days. Is anyone else having this issue? If so have you found a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. jcgrant67

jcgrant67 New Member

I just turn my music volume off while i am working so if it does turn on then nobody knows but me.

3. jeezuz

jeezuz Active Member

What do you mean won't shut off? If you just pause the track and hit the home button, its as good as shutting it off. You don't need to use the task killer.

I got the opposite problem in that anything using voice (such as gps turn by turn or voice search) will pause the player and i have to go in and turn it back on. Very annoying for sure, wish they would have just left it like it was in 2.1.

4. waynester

waynester Well-Known Member

system panel dev had a comment on this issue in general. 2.2 changes how it manages programs, to see diff look in "inactive apps" where you might have had dozen or more with 2.1, 2.2 should have very few.
    Not sure if that answers your question, but it should give you a better idea of where to look.

5. Eris DeWitt

Pausing the app and hitting home still doesn't solve the issue of an app that won't kill. It seems like more of a band aid, but it does give me an option. It just bothers me that I don't have control over an app the wants to go rogue. A stock app that can't be removed. Considering the amount of money we pay for these devices it just rubs me wrong. Got off the phone with HTC and they are just as baffled.

6. Fine69

Fine69 Well-Known Member

task killers will not work with 2.2 period. You can kill it then look and there it is again. Something about how the software manages apps now. supposedly it isnt increasing battery drain.

7. Eris DeWitt

I just got off the phone with a friend who says that pausing and hitting home is how he's always stopped his music. I guess I got too used to killing apps. I just need to get used to change and have faith that the new software is doing it's thing. So, thanks for the suggestions. :)

8. Eris DeWitt

It seem as though pausing and then killing the app in system panel is what works. I've tried it a few times. Seems to be working.

9. Fine69

Fine69 Well-Known Member

yep thats how i use mixzing or pandora