After RC 33 does your phone have lots more space on the internal memory??General

Last Updated:

1. lkosova

lkosova Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I installed RC 33 OTA (Chicago) and noticed I went from like 8 to 14mb. Then I uninstalled about 3 applications and updated (through the market....BTW really fast) like 10 other application and now I have 22 mb. My wife who only has three application downloaded (what is wrong with her???), has 58 mb on the internal memory!!!!!

Larry

Advertisement
  2. ChilledMatt

ChilledMatt Well-Known Member

From reading other threads I believe the update reduces the size of the market cache.

3. SecretAsianMan

SecretAsianMan Well-Known Member

you are exactly right!

4. mikeeh

mikeeh Well-Known Member

i got my update sometime between 12am friday to 4am saturady.
    the android altogether feels faster!

5. lkosova

lkosova Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It seems faster to me with better 3g so far. NOT sure about battery life but will see today. Updates from market are really fast and today had an automatic reminder that one app had an update to go. Now that is really cool. I guess we get one more of these then cupcake?,??

6. bpw

bpw Member

Manually updated yesterday and all is well.

But the nagging question is, what's going on with T-Mobile shipping replacement larger, longer life batteries and back covers? Battery life on my G1 has been the pits since day one, despite trying the deep cycling of the battery. A friend and his wife bought G1s early on and all I hear from him is how he hates the phone only because the battery life really sucks. So what's the deal?

7. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

That's a rumor. And the actual rumor is that HTC(not T-Mobile) is supposedly putting together a higher capacity battery, which will need more room, so a new back cover will also be part of the deal. This is a rumor, hasn't been confirmed, and probably won't be confirmed until HTC/Android/T-Mobile sends official word -- which probably won't happen until the day after they ship. It's certainly possible, as HTC sent out replacement batteries for the T-Mobile Wing because the default battery had a tendency to overheat and (I think) catch fire. However, that was a liability issue, something a company has a much bigger stake in than the issue we're dealing with.

8. bpw

bpw Member

Thanks, but HTC and T-Mobile can't pretend that battery life is ample. A large number of people have complained from early on. If your phone dies, what's the point of having it in the first place?