• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root After root: SD card not being used, no internet!

dumbasse

Lurker
Dec 26, 2011
Hi All!

I've searched through the forums and can't find another problem like mine. Actually, I have three problems, all after rooting my HTC Legend.

1. My phone won't use my SD card. It knows its there, because it shows me how much space is available on it and gives me the option to unmount it. But any app that I download goes straight to the phone memory. When I open the app manager, I don't have the option to move anything to the card. I don't mean the option is grayed out, I mean it's not even there. (When I open the app manager, it says I have no 3rd party apps installed, even though I do.)

a. This is a 16 GB SanDisk card.
b. I've tried formatting the card on my phone and on my PC.
c. I also have a 2 GB card and have the same problem.

2. I have no internet on my phone, except WiFi. That means when I'm out of range of a WiFi signal, I get no internet/data service. None.

3. I'm using an HTC Legend Rom, firmware version 2.1-update 1. It shows there's an update available (to 2.2, probably) and I can download it, but halfway through installation it panics and goes to recovery mode. Fail.

A brief history: I rooted my phone last week, to Cyanogenmod 7. When these problems presented themselves (immediately), I tried to unroot my phone back to original stock, upgrade back to 2.2, and be happy. I wasn't able to get all the way back to 1.31, but I got to 2.1 and that's where I am now with this problem.

At this point, I'd like to have an unrooted phone that works as it did a week ago.

I'm VERY new to this whole thing, so if you're kind enough to offer advice, please also be kind enough to explain it so a simple guy like me can understand.

Thanks in advance!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones