• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FlyingPigL

Oct 21, 2011
I just did a factory reset of my phone (tedious). Now I think I'll root it, and seems that DooMLorD's easy rooting toolkit (v4.0) may be simple enough for me to do.

I have fairly simple goals once the phone's rooted: 1/ get rid of Samsung & AT&T adorable extras which are chewing up space and can't be removed; 2/ get Jelly Bean on my phone - I really like it on my Nexus 7 tablet.

Which ROM would you all recommend?

Thanks!

I just did a factory reset of my phone (tedious). Now I think I'll root it, and seems that DooMLorD's easy rooting toolkit (v4.0) may be simple enough for me to do.

I have fairly simple goals once the phone's rooted: 1/ get rid of Samsung & AT&T adorable extras which are chewing up space and can't be removed; 2/ get Jelly Bean on my phone - I really like it on my Nexus 7 tablet.

Which ROM would you all recommend?

Thanks!

I'm on CM9.1 and loving it. Stable, long lasting battery, etc. It's like stock ICS. I'm waiting CM10 to come out. Looking awesome!

Reactions: FlyingPigL
Upvote 0
I thought I'd root my phone, and I used the "easy" solution. Unable to root. Perhaps I used the easy solution for Gingerbread, when I have ICS on my phone. May I impose on you and ask you how you rooted your phone?

I got interesting stuff like
"correcting permissions" followed by "permission denied" (are you root?)

So the file I used was very well-behaved and cleaned up after itself - but left me without rooting my phone.

Thanks & Happy 2013!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones