after Simple Root OTA no Superuser icon??

Last Updated:

1. cashmonkey

cashmonkey Active Member This Topic's Starter

I performed the SimpleRoot OTA on the Evo. Everything seem to go fine (except the part where I needed to do the flash hack with Wifi.. My device couldn't find any Wifi Signals for some reason, so I had to do the flash hack over 3G Data)

after the last step, I DID NOT have Superuser icon in my application list. What went wrong?? Is there a step I'm missing? I installed Wifi Tether and it didn't work....

If i am at this point, what do I need to do in order to finish it?

Advertisement
  2. samster86

samster86 New Member

I also performed Simpler Root OTA, I did use wifi for flash hack, the start up screen is different, and there is other apps that control wiimax and dev tools but no superuser.

what happened?

3. autorail1

autorail1 Well-Known Member

Go to menu, settings,about phone, look under baseband if you have 1.17.651.1 it should be rooted.

4. Unclm311

Unclm311 Well-Known Member

I followed all the steps but, I don't have that baseband. I've been waiting for a while on "starting part 2" of step 4. Is that normal? The phone has already rebooted.

5. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

The ROM that you are left with after using Simple Root will not give you SU Perms. You will need to flash a different ROM to get SU. If you like stock then just flash a stock rooted ROM.

No that is not normal, I believe that means that there was some kind of break in communication between your computer and the phone. I know a bunch of people had the same issue... search the forums at xda for a solution.

6. Unclm311

Unclm311 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help, I got it working by restarting (from step 1)