After Successful 2.2 Root.... PC not longer recognizes phone!!!

Last Updated:

1. slosvt

slosvt Member This Topic's Starter

I do not believe I have an issue with the physical port, because the phone automatically charges when connected to the PC. However, instead of asking me what to do when the USB is connected to the PC, the phone automatically turns on the Car Mode??? I cannot get the PC to recognize the phone for the life of me, so that means I am stuck on the stock rooted rom until I can easily gain access to the SD card via the USB cable...

Anyone heard of this issue yet? Can I reinstall HTC sync without disrupting root?

Advertisement
  2. Norwester

Norwester Well-Known Member

I don't see why it'd disrupt anything. I re-installed it and synced plus used the app installer after rooting the other night.

3. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

probably happened not due to your root, but a glitch after installing the rom.

a couple of things you can try. go into settings - dock - then uncheck auto launch. this should stop car panel from opening, but you may still not be able to get your pc to see your phone as your phone thinks you are connecting it to a dock.

re-boot into recovery and wipe all user data, cache, dalvik cache. wipe all data 2-3 times. reboot your phone and try connecting it again.

report results..

also check your connect to pc settings under settings as well, see if its checked to ask you what to do.

4. dwntwnall4u

dwntwnall4u Well-Known Member

Try another PC, I had an issue where my PC all of a sudden would charge the phone but when I'd try to select the phone as a disk drive it would lock up my PC?
    But the phone would work fine on my other PC.

Not knowing the real problem I defraged my original PC and now it's working fine again.