After trying both SteinheilsAccessories

Last Updated:

1. mmisterio

mmisterio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am going naked screen. AF went on easy but the blurriness is a deal breaker. The CC wouldn't even go on easy without the whole screen being mired in bubbles I couldn't get rid of and then I scratched the crap out of it with the squeegee.

I'm going native folks. Just waiting for my Seido Innocase to arrive and I'm set. The screen is too nice to screw with it.

Advertisement
  2. nomadpass

nomadpass Member

have you tried a zagg?

3. PleaseBreathe

PleaseBreathe Active Member

It's too bad you couldn't get the Crystal Clear to work. It's a great product. In my experience (installing one time) it's all about using tape to get the dust off. Good luck with the bare screen. I'm too chicken to do that.

crimton likes this.
  4. mmisterio

mmisterio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No and I have no desire to pay for anymore protectors.

5. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

i cant believe all the issues. I literally put mine on with no bubbles at all in 3-5 minutes tops, no dust no nothing you cant even tell its on there at all. They must have a bad second batch or somthing

macdaddybuff likes this.
  6. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

Got mine in the second batch. After toasting the first one, the second went on without a hitch except for one bubble that was quickly dispatched with the tape trick.

7. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

too bad, the crystal went on great for me and i can't even tell its there.

8. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

9. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

im using the CC. no problem when putting it on. well, there are smart people and stupid people on this planet.

*im one of those stupid people BTW**

10. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

I put my CC on in 1 minute! pefect! By far the easiest screen protector ever.! and best!

11. Iam918

Iam918 Well-Known Member

I put a CC on mine and one on my brothers. Mine went on very easy, cept it's about 1/32" off at the top. It bothers me a lot, I have to take lots of deep breaths and think of other things otherwise I'm going to rip it off and put the other one on. I just somehow put a small scrape in it today too :(

Brother's CC I put on crooked at first, but using the tape method I picked it all the way off and re-did it. His is perfect now.

12. suzlyn

suzlyn Well-Known Member

I bought some as a backup but haven't used it yet. I love my ghost armor.

13. itsTee

itsTee Well-Known Member

should have placed the towel it came with over the screen then push all the bubbles out, that way you wouldn't scratch it.. i did it and no scratches, it was really easy to get all the bubbles out and i love my Steinheil CC screen protector.

14. thejoker

thejoker Active Member

I put on a CC protector earlier... real sweet. Though I gotta say I had to use the 2nd one because the first one got some gnarly air bubbles and some specs of dust under it... 2nd try was a success though. Applied perfectly, no air bubbles.

15. johnchad14

johnchad14 Well-Known Member

I had serious trouble with my first try applying...then I realized it had all those bubbles and felt like crap because it was sticky side up. Misread the attached tabs on the protector.

2nd one had a lot of dust to remove somehow, but once I got acquainted with scotch tape fingers I got it all off with some effort. Even if you have lots of bubbles that won't go away, the dust causing them can all be removed, just be careful and patient lifting and getting the spots out. I must have pulled up and moved around the protector 30 times and it is now perfect.

16. b1gg134

b1gg134 Well-Known Member

I bought a cheap generic protector off ebay, I had a lot of problems with that. I didn't like the feel of it plus it had bubbles and everyday the bubbles got larger. I bought a crystal clear and it went on very smooth, I cleaned the screen before putting it on and right before I applied the protector I blew canned air across the screen, to remove dust.
    The crystal clear feels great, very smooth, and looks great too (cause you can not see it).
    If you don't want to use a protector thats your right i am OK with it, but the Steinheil CC isn't the problem your lack of proper prep and lack of patience putting it on was the problem.

17. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

Awaiting my Seido Innocase II also. Will go naked screen till I can find a local place to put the screen protector on for me. Maybe with the combo of not seeing to well and unsteady hands trying to put them on myself just isn't going to work.

I was surprised how easy it was to damage these after all the talk here though. Bad batch? :confused:

18. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

LOL i seriously doubt there is even a such thing as a defective screen protector. I mean some people just aren't very nimble with their fingers, thats just how it is.

19. Doc_Stew

Doc_Stew Well-Known Member

FYI, the first time I installed my SGP crystal clear, there were TONS of bubbles. Then I realized I had put it on upside down. As soon as I flipped it, it went on perfectly. Just an FYI ;)

20. Kappen

Kappen Well-Known Member

If your serious about finding a place I think best buy (geek squad) offers that service if you but what ever they sell.

21. Emoney53

Emoney53 Well-Known Member

So I put on my AF last night and I got it on with no problems and I like the texture but does the fuzzyness fade over time? I turned up my brightness and that seemed to help with it. What I'm wondering is does anyone have any tips I.e playing with the contrast or anything? Or anyone that's had an AF do you get used to it over time?