After unlocking from T-Mo, use foreign SIM cards on 2g AND 3g?

Last Updated:

1. jet987

jet987 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I called T-Mo and asked about unlocking the Vibrant to use foreign SIM cards, they said after 1 month they could unlock it. My question is, once it's unlocked can I travel to a foreign country and use a foreign SIM card (local to that country) on a 3G network on 2100Mhz, or would the phone revert back to 2G (850/900/1800/1900Mhz)? I ask because to use T-Mobile's 3G, it requires BOTH 1700Mhz and 2100Mhz signals.

Advertisement
  2. buby13

buby13 Member

Can I really call t-mo for unlocking the sim for use a 3g network thanks

3. ifbrock

ifbrock Member

Er if you purchased a Vibrant you should've received a 3G Capable SIM in the box, if not T-Mobile can upgrade you to one... if you're talking about unlocking the phone to be used on other carriers/abroad. Yeah that can be done, just contact T-Mobile Customer Care for the details.

4. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

Yes, if that foreign network is compatible with the 3G then you should absolutely receive 3G. T-Mobile's 3G requires both but I am very sure this is not the same for anywhere else. The phone would only revert to 2G if the foreign network's 3G is not compatible. Most use 2100mhz so you should be fine for where its prevalent in europe.