After unplugging from computer, ringtones and notification alerts change back to defaultSupport

Last Updated: 2012-08-22 14:38:49
  1. vinnyt225

vinnyt225 Well-Known Member

So i plug my phone to transfer some media and after i remove my phone the ringers and alerts change back to default. is there anyway to stop this?

thanks

using stock ICS evo 3d

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

did this happen BEFORE ICS?

were you rooted BEFORE ICS? s-on?
    DonB and vinnyt225 like this.
  3. vinnyt225

vinnyt225 Well-Known Member

It didn't happen before ics. I have been stock since I got my 3D. I just started using doubletwist so idk if that's the problem.
  4. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

welp, i would remove that app and troubleshoot. pulling the battery may also yield some relief. your issue though, sounds rare and may be something local to your situation.. meaning soft reset/battery pull and /or remove the app you mention may bring you back to life.

the ICS update may have borked something and your only recovery may be a factory reset if you do not see any improvements in doing the above.
  5. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Also before to a FR, I would uninstall doubletwist, then reboot your phone, but make sure fast-boot is unchecked, or simply reboot by taking the battery out for 10 seconds and then putting it back and turning your phone back on on, then try plugging your phone back with the USB and see if it does the same, then report back, if it still does, then as Marc mentioned we would just a FR
    marctronixx likes this.
  6. I.B. Pimpin

I.B. Pimpin Active Member

DonB likes this.
  7. will0w

will0w New Member

Hi, This happens to me as well.

Ever since my upgrade to ICS. When I connect to my PC and use the phone as a disk drive, as soon as I disconnect it reverts back to default sounds.

When I use it purely for charging the phone it seems ok!

Will0w