1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

After unplugging from outlet to charge - It still the option to 'turn of usb storage'Support

1. Hey guys,
    Sometimes when I charge the phone via outlet, and unplug the phone still thinks its connected via usb, giving me the 'turn of usb storage' option in notification.
    The issue, is that I can't access the sd via gallery or other programs because its still thinks the usb is connected. It has been super annoying as I have had to turn on/off my phone to fix the problem.

Do you guys have any suggestions?
    Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Is "USB Debugging" checked?

Menu > settings > applications > manage applications > development.

Whether it is checked or not, that prompt should not come up when unplugging the charger, but I'm thinking that unchecking that box ahead of time might prevent it.
  3. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Well-Known Member

I'm with you when you say that prompt shouldn't be there in the first place, but I don't think disabling USB debugging is the key though.

What kind of charger are you using?
  4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

I've seen this sometimes. It seems to get stuck and confused about the USB state.

I've just gone ahead and rebooted, which solves it... but I'd welcome a simpler solution. By the way, I don't leave USB debugging enabled, so that's not it.