After update, car stereo no longer sees SD cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. kaiger

kaiger New Member This Topic's Starter

So I've been really happy with my Incredible since it came out. I even got a new stereo for my car, an Alpine CDE-102, because I was able to plug my phone into it and it would start playing my music off the SD card.

Today I updated, and now my stereo does not detect the files on the sd card. I think it is only looking at the phone storage. Was the phone storage given some kind of higher priority in the update? Is there any way to keep my phone storage from being mounted?

Advertisement
  2. Maverick06

Maverick06 Active Member

What kind of device are you using to play music in your car?

3. Eusibius2

Eusibius2 Well-Known Member

If you have an HTC Incredible - It's probably trying to, but it's getting bombarded by the HTC file TL-Bootstrap.exe that is trying to force itself onto anything your phone is plugged into. I have no idea what this file does, but I don't like the idea of it.

A lot of others have also noted that the DInc also now has a 3rd drive - that being a Verizon drive which holds said file above. The other 2 drives were there previously.

Can you choose which drive to pull your music from? That's a pretty cool feature from Alpine, wish mine could do that! Is it over a USB connection?