After Update Horrible WifiGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-10-27 19:34:15
  1. Fahrenheit85

Fahrenheit85 Well-Known Member

I got a small update last week, ever since my wifi is under performing. Used to be able to lie in bed and get 30mb up and 30mb down. Now I get a few hundred kbs up and down. My phone still reads 30 up/down. If I get closer to the router I get my regular speeds. Whats going on?

Advertisement
  2. Muqtar

Muqtar Well-Known Member

I concur. It seems as though my Wifi capacity has dropped about 25% after the firmware update. I was one of the people who exchanged their Transformer prime for a Transformer infinity (god I love office depot).

This Wifi reception on the infinity now seems very similar to what it was on the prime. A noticeable drop as soon as I rebooted after the firmware update.

Any ideas or is it possible to roll back to previous version ?
  3. Muqtar

Muqtar Well-Known Member

I hate to admit it, but I just went back in there and looked at the wireless router. It just dawned on me that I had moved the router back behind the TV. When I moved it back out in front, I saw a small improvement on the signal from my porch.

There still may be some issue, but this may have exacerbated it. I may try a hard reset also to see if that helps.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

weird becuase that was one of the reasons for the latest update after JB. it was supposed to help wifi. for me my wifi has always been really good. the latest update has seemed to fix the occasional lag i was having as well
  5. Fahrenheit85

Fahrenheit85 Well-Known Member

Now my tablet is re booting on its own. Is it time to send this thing to Asus? At this point I wish my got an ipad
  6. rscarawa

rscarawa Well-Known Member

I have all the updates on my 700 and the wifi works fine for me.
  7. nigelrtaylor

nigelrtaylor Member

Yes my 700 WiFi has slowed down since the latest ASUS update. Do they test these things before releasing them or are they they taking the Microsoft approach, making their users do all the testing?