After update; where are my ! ? and ' ???Support

Last Updated:

1. jusdebbie

jusdebbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use the phone keypad as my keyboard type. I am also a one handed texter. The update moved lots of keys around on the phone keypad. In order to type a ? or a ! or ' I have to hit the number 1, then the arrow down to show all symbols, and then click on the symbol. Is there a way to personalize what symbols are readily available on the front keypad page? As it stands now, ; , : and . are whats there. PLEASE help, i am unable to be as annimated as i like now!!!!!

Advertisement
  2. micahjamesnrcal

micahjamesnrcal Member

I text the same way and LOVED having ? and ! right there cause i would type like WTF!!! or ARE YOU COMING?????

but now, as u stated, you have to press 1 and select the single ? or !

ive messed with it for a while and sadly theres no easy way to have it the way u and i enjoyed before,....sorry mate.

3. ocbooger

ocbooger Well-Known Member

Lower right part of the keyboard has "12#" button, if you hit that it brings up what your looking for. Still have to hit the button but its better than the long press.

4. jusdebbie

Yes but then you have to go between the pages to find ? and ! still, right? At least on mine i have to. Plus after you then have to go back to abc. Ah im so frustrated with this! Its like i cant have ease in showing personality in my texts anymore!!!

5. jusdebbie

!!!!!!!???????? Me too!!!!!

6. soulcurrent

soulcurrent Well-Known Member

Oh man, me too! I hate that they moved stuff around. Those buttons were perfect right where they were! I'm glad they moved the button that open the voice-to-text or touch input settings but this wasn't a fair trade :(

I tried looking into alternative keyboards but so far they've all been for full or compact qwerty only, not the phone keypad version.

7. 3L3C7R0

3L3C7R0 Active Member

You people still type? Man. I can't live without swype!

8. cooksalot

cooksalot Well-Known Member

Swiftkey! or SlideIt!