After updating to ICSSupport

Last Updated:

1. lifesignz

lifesignz Active Member

After updating to ICS, is it advisable to do a factory reset, or is it not really necessary..?
    Also, do people really bother running security software on there A200's?
    I was running "Lookout" (before my last factory reset), but is it really needed?

2. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

I run AVG. So far the only threat it has found is when I leave the allow 'unknown sources' ticked in settings and once when I ran a script from XDA, (which they explained).
    I run AVG on my PC so I guess out of habit I installed it on my tablet, but hard to say if it is necessary.

I did a factory reset after updating to ICS because of problems I was having. It didn't fix the problems and I wouldn't say it is necessary.
    On the other hand, unless you have a lot of apps, passwords and accounts it is not a serious pain to start fresh and can't hurt.
  3. lifesignz

lifesignz Active Member

Cheers mate.
    I was going to put Lookout back on my tab, till I checked out some feedback on the market that put me off a little (draining cpu or battery power).
    Does AVG drain the cpu power or battery power much?

On a side note, have you had the 105mb update yet for your device (after ICS)...?
    Not much info around on what that update does / is..
  4. kenji57

kenji57 Well-Known Member

I don't think AVG is a drain. It never shows up in 'what's been using your battery'. I'm pretty happy with it and my A200 is getting awesome battery life with AVG running.

Yes I got the recent update to 4.0.3 but I don't know what it did. I can't see any changes and google search didn't give any info so I just trust Acer that it is a good thing.
  5. lifesignz

lifesignz Active Member

What AVG do you use mate, AVG free, AVG pro or AVG pro tablet...?