After weeks of anticipation... I GOT IT!

Last Updated:

1. toomuchgame441

toomuchgame441 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 24, 2009
    Well, just got my Evo at the Sprint store... unfortunately the Best Buys/Radioshacks in my area were out of stock. But it was pretty smooth process at the Sprint store...

Before the agent rang my Evo up I MADE SURE I checked two things:
    1. The hardware version which read 003 (yay)
    2. I added the stock froyo power control widget and saw which type of screen I had. It faded in and out so I knew was the Novatec screen (which looks more vivid/nicer IMHO).

So I was ready to go! I love the huge screen, I was just checking a lot of stock apps out and configuring my email and other numberous accounts. I was swiping around the screens and it was pretty smooth. I noticed the phone didn't have the latest "uncapped fps" upgrade, I did the upgrade and noticed that the transitioning was significantly faster. Downloaded a few apps so far and I'm loving it. Camera and web browsing is definitely a whole different experience from my old Sprint Hero. Just waiting on my case and 16 gig card to come in so I can be set.

How did you all feel when you first held your Evo's, what were the first few things that you did?

2. skittlesV1

skittlesV1 Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    When I first got my evo I was uneasy because I didnt have a case or SP on it yet. I got a SP and a sedio active case but I took off the case to use my ebay 3000mah battery. After using my 3000mah battery for a over a month im so used to all the extra juice when I put in my stock battery I was amazed how fast my phone died. I can never go back now thats the only bad thing.