• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root After z4 temporary root, my phone still says it isn't rooted?

user54321

Lurker
Oct 30, 2012
I have an LG Optimus T, and I downloaded z4root 1.3.1; I selected the Temporary Root, it went through the process, and then z4root closed and brought me back to my home screen. I looked in my App browser and there is no Superuser app. I also tried to use an app that needs rooting and it tells me that my phone isn't rooted. What's the problem here? What do I need to do? As it's a temporary root, I can't turn my phone off or the rooting will go away (right?).... am I doing something wrong?

Oh - and another detail - when I try to click on the z4 app, it "transparentizes" to show that it recognizes that it's been pressed, but then doesn't open. I pressed it a couple times and then I got this black screen, which I "home"d out of, and that's that. That's the most I get when I try to open it again.

I've been trying this over and over again, rebooting and uninstalling and reinstalling and shutting down and rebooting and I keep getting here. Stuck at a non-root even after I can finally get z4 to "work".

-- Would I need to permanently root it in order to reboot it and see if it can finish the root and download superuser? I'm afraid that if I permanently root it I won't be able to unroot it because of the problems I'm having with opening z4 after I've "rooted".

I was just given one of these, you have to use the rageagaintstthecage root.
I think I had to Google it to find it. These forums are not that active.
Anyways, I also had to use a Motorola tool to flash cwm, then rom manager to get cm7
Rom manager didn't work for cwm

Upvote 0
And user 54321, I will also welcome you. I don't have the answers, but just an observation or two. downthemachine mentioned the rageagainstthecage.bin exploit. However I think that is the same one that z4root uses as well.

You might look into the "S-OFF" for an LG phone; I actually think this might be key, and/or try the perm root with z4root.

good luck

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones