Aftermarket batteries?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Normally I stay away from Aftermarket batteries, I had 4 OEM batteries for my Instinct but they cost much more so I'm wondering other then the possibility they might suck, is there any reason to not use them?

Looking on eBay, you can get two aftermarket batteries (1500mah) AND a stand alone charger for like $10~13 dollars shipped from Hong Kong.

I really want an external charger anyway, I use the one that CAME with my Instinct far more then I use my phone plugged into the wall to charge.

Thoughts? I just don't want something thats going to fry the phone or explode and kill me like that one guy in China with the crappy lipo cellphone battery that made the news! :D

Advertisement
  2. Kingkoa

Kingkoa Well-Known Member

I've decided not to risk it with my eve like I did with my bb, I'll grab the red oem battery when it is at a good price

3. PrO1210

PrO1210 Well-Known Member

seidio

4. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about risk, I'd worry about non-oem batteries actually living up to the claims. After seeing info about Mugen and Seidio coming up short, I'm a bit hesitant to go 3rd party again. Just doesn't seem worth it.

Here's the thread to check out.

5. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I guess my thinking was, that for $9.99 with free shipping for two batteries and an external stand alone charger, ummmmm can you really go wrong?

So what if they only last half what the OEM's last? It's a spare battery in a pinch if you need one on the go was my thinking I guess.

I would prefer OEM's but I mean for $10 bucks for two? I spend more then that getting fast food I throw half of out.

My main concern was frying my phone.