Aftermarket Battery Testing Results...Accessories

Last Updated:

1. DustinF00

DustinF00 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's been a long month. I am not sure if everyone is familiar with or even cares about the thread I started - http://androidforums.com/accessories-incredible/98877-seidio-liar-liar-your-pants-fire.html - You should give it a quick run through to see where this started from. Obviously once the folks that couldn't see the writing on the wall from the posts in that thread and because I used my real name and likeness - I felt the need to prove it.

All the testing was performed with a battery charged in the SEIDIO multifunction charger and then "Bump Charged" in the HTC incredible I own. The power source for the HTC incredible was the stock charger that came with the phone.

The charging and testing was meant to duplicate real life / real world scenarios. The batteries were charged over night or during the day (depending on what cycle the tests were at) and the bump charge was done. Minutes after the bump charge was done the testing equipment was set up and the battery was tested.

This is what you would do if you were using the battery as your main battery - which I was attempting to do.

I tested the SEIDIO 1750 mAh battery I bought Directly from SEIDIO and also another one I bought from Amazon. I also tested the 1300 mAh Stock HTC battery, the 1500 mAh HTC TP2 battery and the HTC Extended battery for the HTC Incredible.

Here is the chart for all the tests performed. You can see that I wanted to test some more - but the data was consistent enough that I felt confident in being open and showing it earlier than I had originally expected.

We also had a heat wave in NY and I couldn't test during the day - which slowed me to only testing overnight where the temperature in the room was nicer and cooler than 80+ degree I started to see.

[​IMG]

Finally, I needed a place to post some of this stuff and I have been working on a place to post a bit of the "diary" of the testing and stuff. You can find the screen shots of the graphs from most of the tests in above chart here -> Battery Blog Post – Testing Set Up – Randomness & Photography I had only used this dot-com before to host some photos of the Opie & Anthony Comedy Virus tour that hit NY in 2007 - but I figured this oddly named dot-com might be the best place for some of this random data and posts...

Finally - I am open to testing other HTC incredible batteries if you would like. I will also refund you shipping to me if you would like.

If anyone would like testing of other batteries - I ask that you purchase two of the SEIDIO Multifunction battery charger plates for that battery and send it to me with your battery. I will ship you back your original battery, pay you for your shipping (if a receipt is included in your package) and also pay you for the SEIDIO MultiFunction Battery charger plates you send me because I will not return them after I have soldered them for the testing.

In the end, I stand by my original post and cannot see how there is some magic potion making these batteries this high in capacity. Considering the 3 batteries I have taken apart myself - It's pretty clear that the cells can be found on the internet and they truly match up to the Nominal and Typical capacities found on the web.

Advertisement
  2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

The proof is in the pudding. Thanks for all your work and dedication to this project.

3. drPheta

drPheta Well-Known Member

Bravo! Again, so many posts throughout the site eluded to this, and now we can finally see that this is in fact truth. I too stand by my original impression that the HTC 1500 is > or = the Seidio 1750.

Dustin, thank you.

PS. I would love to see the response Seidio has to this.

4. 06Stang

06Stang Well-Known Member

They won't respond unless they say "we have high quality cells!" Give me a break. I returned both my seidio1750s and am telling everyone I know not to buy them and to get the third of the price oem 1500

5. drPheta

drPheta Well-Known Member

Dustin, I hope you don't mind, but I linked this thread over at XDA and AndroidCentral. I think this is important enough for others to see. Heck, I hope this hits front page of AndroidCentral, BGR, Engadget, and whatever other tech sites there are.

6. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

Very good info. It fully backs up what Battery Boss has been saying all along.

7. DustinF00

Don't mind about the linking but if a tech blog picks this up I suspect my hosting my hosting bill will kill me. :)

8. sonicdeth

sonicdeth Member

Thanks Dustin for all your hard work, been following the original thread for weeks. Glad I decided to finally purchase a 1500mah HTC battery.

9. dspcap

dspcap Well-Known Member

Your rock !! I appreciate the testing.

10. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

The original battery is 1300mAh, not 1500mAh.

Good job, Dustin.

11. Contempt

Contempt Well-Known Member

Well done. Thanks for your effort.

12. DustinF00

This is not the focus of this thread, its a great example that makes me question if anyone actually really understands or reads what is sometimes posted.

13. bjanow

bjanow Well-Known Member

It has nothing to do with that. It's simply a spam post.

14. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

Wow, awsome work Dustin! That takes some real dedication and I am sure we all appreciate the work you have put into this.

So... bottom line. Don't blow an extra $30 on a battery that doesn't give better results.

15. DustinF00

Didn't realize that...

16. DustinF00

I think the bottom line is that no matter how many people think their battery is lasting longer than 'x' battery - you now know what you're really getting.

17. kjarrett

kjarrett Well-Known Member

18. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

excellent. well worth the wait and I really appreciate all your efforts to be as objective as possible.

19. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

20. simshaun

simshaun Member

Thanks for the results.

I purchased my Seidio 1750 from their online store April 30th. Has anyone else that's purchased more than 30 days ago successfully got them to refund your money?

21. DavidinGA

DavidinGA Well-Known Member

I'm glad you did some homework to help all the sheeple get off the Sendo bandwagon. I'm been using a Bidallies TP2 1500mAh battery that was $15 and love the extra juice it gives me.

22. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

Thanks Dustin once again for the hard work.

23. upther

upther Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your hard work. Really disappointing to find out that a company that was so well respected around here isn't on the up and up.

I bought my 1750 from a different website well over 30 days ago so I'm out $33, but the battery lasts much longer than stock so I'll survive.

24. DustinF00

That's why they've been doing so well - the comparison from 1300mAh stock to approximately 1500-1600mah is enough to make you think its doing great.

It's just not looking like its a 1750mAh cell.

25. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member